General New Years 6 Bowl Game Day Thread

So pissed I wasn't around with you guys for the Irish game yesterday.  Spent the day doing yard work and cleaning up the house inside once the game started.  I missed some, a lot of the time it was background noise as my wife and I were de-Christmasing the house.  I am working now and here for the remainder of the night to watch both CFP games.  I made separate threads for each semifinal game but we can keep the rest of the bowl chat in here.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

So pissed I wasn't around with you guys for the Irish game yesterday.  Spent the day doing yard work and cleaning up the house inside once the game started.  I missed some, a lot of the time it was background noise as my wife and I were de-Christmasing the house.  I am working now and here for the remainder of the night to watch both CFP games.  I made separate threads for each semifinal game but we can keep the rest of the bowl chat in here.

I wasn't 100% focused either lol. Travel day, but caught it all. Still unpacking, and cleaning today with the games on. Still plenty of coffee breaks, and will focus if the games are close. Bummed I wasn't watching ND with the laptop or IPad in front of me! I did de-Christmasing for 2 houses on Thursday lol. Drinks tonight... stocked up at Costco... 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Coworker on shift with me right now is originally from Iowa, he's a big Hawkeye fan.  I always root for them for him as well.

I just checked our local news station website a minute ago.  Jack Campbell, the stud LB for the Hawks and Butkus winner this year, grandfather was killed in a vehicle vs pedestrian accident Friday night.  The grandfather was struck by the hotel van after family was trying to tell him not to cross the street.  They pronounced him dead at the hospital.  Campbell's parents decided to wait until after the game to tell him of his grandpa's passing.  

Wow that's rough., prayers for the family.  Link:  https://www.kcrg.com/2022/12/31/waterloo-man-grandfather-hawkeyes-campbell-dies-nashville-vehicle-incident/

9 minutes ago, jessemoore97 said:

I just checked our local news station website a minute ago.  Jack Campbell, the stud LB for the Hawks and Butkus winner this year, grandfather was killed in a vehicle vs pedestrian accident Friday night.  The grandfather was struck by the hotel van after family was trying to tell him not to cross the street.  They pronounced him dead at the hospital.  Campbell's parents decided to wait until after the game to tell him of his grandpa's passing.  

Wow that's rough., prayers for the family.  Link:  https://www.kcrg.com/2022/12/31/waterloo-man-grandfather-hawkeyes-campbell-dies-nashville-vehicle-incident/

Oh nooooo that is terrible