⚠️ Poll: Notification Preferences - Share your preferances / feedback

Mike

Poll: What changes would you like to see made to the notification system?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Select all changes you want to see made to notifications

• Less Notifications
    • Less Emails
    • More Notifications
    • Create Newsletter
    • No Changes
    • Other Changes: Leave a comment

This poll is closed to new votes

Legend:

• Less Notifications = Bell Notification
  • Less Emails = Daily Digest / New Topics Emails
  • Add Newsletter = Create a Custom Newsletter of possible.

(You can choose multiple selections)

---------------------------

Hey Domers,

In my journey to try and keep things balanced, I would like your thoughts on notifications & emails. Please share your feedback and any comments here.

The last few weeks have been wild, but that has upped the number of notifications coming through via email & alerts on-site. I'll leave this poll up for up to two weeks (unless votes taper off early) and tweak accordingly.

Please take a second to vote.

My Votes:
(I'll keep the rest anonymous unless you choose to comment)

• Less on-site notifications (Bell Alert)
    • I don't think this is necessary for every thread in the main topics
  • Less frequent email alerts / digests
    • I think I would prefer a weekly digest instead of daily if I can make it happen

Feel free to share your thoughts here or send me a message directly.

Thanks!
Mike

4 minutes ago, TexasDomer said:

Frequency of pop up ads 

Thanks @TexasDomer.

Would you mind answering a few questions on it:

1. Are you referring the ad that shows up between clicking a link, before viewing the next page?
  2. If so, is it just on mobile? Or is it also an issue on desktop?
  3. Do you (or anyone who sees this) have any feedback on how often it happens?
    Example: Every 5 pages / less / more?

I don't have control over the frequency of ads refreshing or popping up. That is controlled by the ad company themselves, but I'd like to get my ducks in a row before reaching out.

Going forward / everyone else, let's try and keep this focused on Alerts / Notifications. If there's a request outside of that, feel free to start a new thread or send me a ping. If there are any frequent annoyances, I'd like to know about it so I can explore alternatives.

Thanks again!

19 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Everything that can be deemed "annoying", in my opinion at least, can be turned off.  I see no reason to change anything.

Thanks @NYGoldenDomer. I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of 'no changes' to show up. so far. 

Although everything is able to be opted out of, it's still good to know how people feel about the current defaults, and tweak if necessary. I appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Thanks @NYGoldenDomer. I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of 'no changes' to show up. so far. 

Although everything is able to be opted out of, it's still good to know how people feel about the current defaults, and tweak if necessary. I appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

No problem, boss.

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone who voted. It seems most voters are happy with the current notification setup. If anyone has any questions on how to tailor them to your needs, please drop a message in this thread and myself, one of the DD staff, or a helpful member will help you out.

Thanks again, everyone!

• Cheers 1