'23 NC OL Sullivan Absher is Irish

17 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Described as a "Picture perfect" right tackle by Tim Hyde. Always like when I hear the words knee bender, means he can run block.

Plays in the Triple Option so that's a definite. ISD likes him at RT too.

• Heart 1

37 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Plays in the Triple Option so that's a definite. ISD likes him at RT too.

Yup he was blocking guys 6 yards downfield in that film. I'd much rather the staff teach guys with big frames to pass Block then have guys add weight to run block.

Its where BK, Jeff Quinn and Hiestands opinion differ the most. Hiestand will always have a big physical line, that will get beat around the edge once in a while. Quinn's ideal line didn't get beat around the edge much but could get bull rushed and pushed back in the run game. I prefer Hiestands line of thinking we'll see.

35 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Yup he was blocking guys 6 yards downfield in that film. I'd much rather the staff teach guys with big frames to pass Block then have guys add weight to run block.

Its where BK, Jeff Quinn and Hiestands opinion differ the most. Hiestand will always have a big physical line, that will get beat around the edge once in a while. Quinn's ideal line didn't get beat around the edge much but could get bull rushed and pushed back in the run game. I prefer Hiestands line of thinking we'll see.

Harry has some really athletic OTs for a while that should get beat much around the edge. 

• Heart 1

On3 Consensus: 4-star, #176 overall, #15 OT

247: 4-star, #201 overall, #18 OT

Rivals: 4-star, NR overall, #24 OT

On3: 4-star, #99 overall, #10 OT

Offers: Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan State, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Penn State, Stanford, Tennessee, Virginia Tech

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...