Freshman who will have the biggest impact?

If you could only pick one, which incoming recruit do you think will have the biggest impact on the team? 

I think Sneed is the easy pick but I am going with Mickey. The fact none of the freshman last year could beat out Lewis is a troubling sign. Watching his HS tape, you can see Mickey possesses loose hips, quickness and superb change of direction that none of the current ND corners have displayed. I think he has a great shot at starting week one, partly due to his ability but mostly due to lacklustre cornerback recruiting. 

What say you guys? 

• Leprechaun 1

I think it is between Sneed and Tobias. Sneed is more talented, but the LB room is much more stacked than the WR room. Tobias has a lot of tools, but he also may be a similar player to Colzie and he has a chance of breaking out himself now that Austin is gone.

The easy guess is the new punter, McPherson I think it is? Don’t believe there’s another true punter on the roster. 

A position player, my guess would be Jadarian Price. He’s an injury away from being thrust into action. Guys like the LB Sneed or the WR Tobias have a number of guys they have to leapfrog to get meaningful playing time.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

I think it is between Sneed and Tobias. Sneed is more talented, but the LB room is much more stacked than the WR room. Tobias has a lot of tools, but he also may be a similar player to Colzie and he has a chance of breaking out himself now that Austin is gone.

I dont see the linebacker room as being stacked.  We have some solid guys,  Jd, Bo, Kiser but nothing you'd say is close to elite

Marist and Prince have the most potential of returning players 

Outside of those 5, there is nothing in his way

Hard to argue with any of the responses so far but I am going to have to agree with @jimbo. Although there is a lack of depth at WR, CB, LB….McPherson shows as the only scholarship punter we have. And Special Team play is usually so critical on the out come of a game. Along with that thought I would like to also throw in Blake Grupe name. I know he is is a transfer (not a freshman) but we don’t have a game proven kicker either. So he will have a big opportunity to shine.

• Heart 3

7 hours ago, golson5 said:

I dont see the linebacker room as being stacked.  We have some solid guys,  Jd, Bo, Kiser but nothing you'd say is close to elite

Marist and Prince have the most potential of returning players 

Outside of those 5, there is nothing in his way

That is 5 players with starting experience or talent enough to be a starter (before injury). Not many positions can say that. LB is stacked compared to WR.

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

That is 5 players with starting experience or talent enough to be a starter (before injury). Not many positions can say that. LB is stacked compared to WR.

You can say the same at wr

Lenzy, Davis, Styles, Wilkins and Colzie. That's not including Thomas. Starter experience and talent

Very similar in depth and talent.  Id say there's more talent at wr as bertrand, Bo, Kiser are solid but not overly talented.  The positions are extremely close

3 hours ago, golson5 said:

You can say the same at wr

Lenzy, Davis, Styles, Wilkins and Colzie. That's not including Thomas. Starter experience and talent

Very similar in depth and talent.  Id say there's more talent at wr as bertrand, Bo, Kiser are solid but not overly talented.  The positions are extremely close

Neither of these groups is lacking like CB is. Lewis’ experience is null as he’s a MAC level talent. Hart is solid but has played one year and cannot tackle. if Riley couldn’t beat out Lewis, there’s a good chance Mickey might be the best corner the minute he steps on campus. 

Same can probably be said for Sneed but not Tobias. 

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, ndomer4 said:

Neither of these groups is lacking like CB is. Lewis’ experience is null as he’s a MAC level talent. Hart is solid but has played one year and cannot tackle. if Riley couldn’t beat out Lewis, there’s a good chance Mickey might be the best corner the minute he steps on campus. 

Same can probably be said for Sneed but not Tobias. 

Hart is better than you are giving him credit for.  He's a pro.  He can get up on that 3rd to 4th round spot.  He's the best corner on the roster

25 minutes ago, golson5 said:

Hart is better than you are giving him credit for.  He's a pro.  He can get up on that 3rd to 4th round spot.  He's the best corner on the roster

I said Hart was the best corner but was he not the field corner? He’s already if ever facing a teams best receiver. The best corner on this roster is not saying much and that is the point. 

Mickey only needs to beat out Lewis/Riley/Barnes to start, Tobias has 4 or 5 guys to jump and Sneed probably one or two. 

6 hours ago, ndomer4 said:

I said Hart was the best corner but was he not the field corner? He’s already if ever facing a teams best receiver. The best corner on this roster is not saying much and that is the point. 

Mickey only needs to beat out Lewis/Riley/Barnes to start, Tobias has 4 or 5 guys to jump and Sneed probably one or two. 

You said Mickey might be the best corner the minute he steps on campus.

Hes not better than Hart. Hart is a pro

Hart played field and boundary this year

Tobias doesnt have to beat out 4 to 5 guys. 

3 wrs start. Hes basically on the 2 deep when he gets to campus

You forgot about Tucker and Morrison at corner. Maybe Bracy, what did he decide to do?

19 minutes ago, golson5 said:

You said Mickey might be the best corner the minute he steps on campus.

Hes not better than Hart. Hart is a pro

Hart played field and boundary this year

It’s a prediction thread and that thought it’s a projection. It’s not as far fetched as you’re making it out to be… outside of Wisconsin, when did Hart look like an all world corner? If he was so solid they would have moved him to the boundary vs OSU but they didn’t. Hart started at boundary and was moved due to his play in that position. 

Just because some so called “draft pundit” has him as a 3rd to 4th round pick means nothing. He’s yet to be drafted or make a roster. Mickey shows much more ability on tape than Hart or any corner on the roster coming out of high school, I’ll stick with my projection and you can bookmark this if you want to call me out later. 

19 minutes ago, golson5 said:

Tobias doesnt have to beat out 4 to 5 guys. 

3 wrs start. Hes basically on the 2 deep when he gets to campus

You forgot about Tucker and Morrison at corner. Maybe Bracy, what did he decide to do?

Lenzy, Davis, Wilkins, Styles, Colzie and Thomas will all be ahead of him. Unlike corner, more than one of these players have flashed and nearly all were highly rated out of high school. If Rees is anything like Kelly, you’d be hard pressed to see him until late in the year or mop up duty. 

It’s a prediction thread and that thought it’s a projection. It’s not as far fetched as you’re making it out to be… outside of Wisconsin, when did Hart look like an all world corner? If he was so solid they would have moved him to the boundary vs OSU but they didn’t. Hart started at boundary and was moved due to his play in that position. 

Just because some so called “draft pundit” has him as a 3rd to 4th round pick means nothing. He’s yet to be drafted or make a roster. Mickey shows much more ability on tape than Hart or any corner on the roster coming out of high school, I’ll stick with my projection and you can bookmark this if you want to call me out later. 

He was good all year and in the ok state game.  They didn't throw at him.  He played well most of the year.  Really good player