2019 Playoff Thread

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oklahoma will now be 0-4 in the playoffs. That has to be a factor for the Committee, at least next year.

I was thinking the same thing as I was driving home and hearing the score. The talking heads can all stop acting like ND is the only overrated team that can’t win the big game.

They won’t finish in the Top 10 but I think this years team could compete with any of the teams outside Top 3 and Bam. That’s assuming the the UM game was some weird fluke.

I was thinking the same thing as I was driving home and hearing the score. The talking heads can all stop acting like ND is the only overrated team that can’t win the big game.

They won’t finish in the Top 10 but I think this years team could compete with any of the teams outside Top 3 and Bam. That’s assuming the the UM game was some weird fluke.

ND can compete with anyone, the question is could they win consistently, well first at all, enough to win a title. If they get the QB question figured out (and if Book turns into a first rounder, he can be the answer), they are right there with just about anyone.

But we are overrated smh. The entire big 12 is a joke. This isnt even close. Does oklahoma drop below us in the final rankings if the beatdown continues? Lsu might put up 70 on them

It is nice they’ll take some of the big game blow out stigma off ND.

ND can compete with anyone, the question is could they win consistently, well first at all, enough to win a title. If they get the QB question figured out (and if Book turns into a first rounder, he can be the answer), they are right there with just about anyone.

That’s fair. Maybe I’ve grown too accustomed to seeing blowout losses to the Bama/OSU/Clemons types (whichever top 3 that year) but I’m still skeptical. Would like to think that the right QB is the missing piece. Next year will be interesting for sure. Can Book progress enough to get them past Wisc and Clemson?

Either way I’m just fine with two loss seasons at the moment. It sure is a far cry from most the 2000s.

Really, if Oklahoma next year’s season plays out similar to this year-winning big early on only to see their defense get dismantled later on in the year, the committee needs to do what they did to ND this year and completely disregard them for any playoff spot. Because right now, they aren’t playoff caliber. They aren’t one of the top 4 teams. They’ve been blown out in quite a few playoff games now so one year isn’t going to automatically change there defense. Especially, when they won’t finally have a heisman hopeful to begin the season like they have the last four seasons. Riley hasn’t shown me anything more than him being a great offensive coordinator...