2018 MLB Hot Stove

Patrick Corbin to the Nationals for 6 years 125 million.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25452990/free-agent-patrick-corbin-agrees-deal-washington-nationals

Cardinals just traded a lot to get Paul Goldschmidt. Goldschmidt is fantastic player.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25461805/arizona-diamondbacks-trade-paul-goldschmidt-st-louis-cardinals

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew Miller probdbly to Cards

That would suck for my Cubs.

Speaking of which, they really hurt themselves with the Darvish, Chatwood, and Heyward signings. Reached on all three IMO. Hopefully, they can bounce back because they are paying for it in this free agency.

That would suck for my Cubs.

Speaking of which, they really hurt themselves with the Darvish, Chatwood, and Heyward signings. Reached on all three IMO. Hopefully, they can bounce back because they are paying for it in this free agency.

Correct. They hamstrung themselves with those deals

Correct. They hamstrung themselves with those deals

You think teams would learn throwing guaranteed money at these players is never going to work.

MLB needs to model contracts like the NFL where only signing bonuses are guaranteed. Way too many pitchers go down with injury every year and no one can throw a complete game. In the NFL, you get hut and it's see you later with an injury payout.

You think teams would learn throwing guaranteed money at these players is never going to work.

MLB needs to model contracts like the NFL where only signing bonuses are guaranteed. Way too many pitchers go down with injury every year and no one can throw a complete game. In the NFL, you get hut and it's see you later with an injury payout.

The Players Union will never allow it.

Especially because they play 162 games.

That plays a huge part in it. Anyways, I'm pulling for the Yankees to get Machado. Get Didi back hopefully at some point and make a trade with Andujar at some point. Lock up Didi after the season is over and the left side will be locked up with top of the line defense along with the offense they bring.

That plays a huge part in it. Anyways, I'm pulling for the Yankees to get Machado. Get Didi back hopefully at some point and make a trade with Andujar at some point. Lock up Didi after the season is over and the left side will be locked up with top of the line defense along with the offense they bring.

Machado could really help them but he could really hurt them financially. The Yanks have been shedding payroll for awhile. They would be right back at that tax hit if they sign him.

It’s like my Cubs, I want Harper but not at that price. Maybe they can find someone stupid enough to take on Heywards contract.

Cubs still may go after Harper. Him and Bryant are boys and his dog's name is Wrigley. Make it happen Theo. I also like this idea, as I feel it'd make Bryant want to stay long term. Philly or Chicago Cubs? Easy decision for me. :grin:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-cubs-could-still-play-194921605.html

I thought all this too. But, everything I’ve read, not including your sticky you posted has indicated that the Cubs are cash strapped. I hope I’m wrong.

I thought all this too. But, everything I’ve read, not including your sticky you posted has indicated that the Cubs are cash strapped. I hope I’m wrong.

Dodgers are the hot team now with the Harper rumor mill. The Cubs obviously have a number and are more than likely to go a tad beyond if they wanted a call before he signed with another team.

• 2 weeks later...
Dodgers are the hot team now with the Harper rumor mill. The Cubs obviously have a number and are more than likely to go a tad beyond if they wanted a call before he signed with another team.
Nationals re-offered him at a very high figure. Either way, wish him and Machado would sign, as it would really open up the direction of this FA.

Robertson to Philadelphia for 2 years:

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2019/01/03/phillies-sign-david-robertson-to-two-year-23-million-deal/

Nationals re-offered him at a very high figure. Either way, wish him and Machado would sign, as it would really open up the direction of this FA.

Robertson to Philadelphia for 2 years:

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2019/01/03/phillies-sign-david-robertson-to-two-year-23-million-deal/

Yeah, in typical Boris fashion he slows the market down. It doesn’t look like neither one liked Philly. I’m guessing Dodgers or Yanks at most. Nobody else is going to pony up that type of money. However, I did see the White Sox made an offer to Machado

• 2 weeks later...
Let’s talk leather? Who kind of gloves you guys have?

I don't have it yet but my little brother is sending me a Pro-Preferred PROS12-2PRO 12 inch. I have a glove I played with somewhere in my house, it about 22 years old. I couldn't even tell you the model, other than it's a Rawlings infielders glove.