Studstill is Irish

How could the NCAA deny him his 5th year. Pretty sure the redshirt takes care of the year he missed. I wish someone could clarify that, because I have been under the assumption that Russell has a 5th year option just like others.

A standard athletic redshirt wouldn't be an issue. However, when players are suspended from a school for a year, that leads into some eligibility questions from the NCAA. Davaris Daniels had similar issues; issues which pushed him to declaring for the draft earlier than he wished.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A standard athletic redshirt wouldn't be an issue. However, when players are suspended from a school for a year, that leads into some eligibility questions from the NCAA. Davaris Daniels had similar issues; issues which pushed him to declaring for the draft earlier than he wished.

I believe the biggest issues with DaVaris and Ishaq were that neither one continued to take classes to stay in good academic standing per NCAA eligibility requirements while they were suspended. KeiVarae had continued his education and I think has a much better shot of getting the waiver from the NCAA. Does he want to take the risk, is the question, though.

I for one wouldn't "cross train" him and have him play nickel. I think part of our problems on D stemmed from the fact that through injury and poor play we have 3 safeties in our nickel package as opposed to 3 corners. Let Crawford play the nickel and Studstill concentrate on free safety.

FWIW, that's 6 FL commits this year. Denson and Co. doing work.

Remember when people were losing it when Alford left. Denson has been a great hire.

I wasn't one of the ones "losing" it but I definitely thought we'd take a hit in that state...apparently not.

Whenever I hear the word Florida, the first thing I think of is:

[ame]

[/ame]

I wasn't one of the ones "losing" it but I definitely thought we'd take a hit in that state...apparently not.

Whenever I hear the word Florida, the first thing I think of is:

Agree. I thought it would take a year for Denson to recruit well in Florida. But that didn't happen. If anything, his Florida connections have amplified our production in Florida. I'd love to hear Irishfan 33's take on Denson. What are the coaches saying, the recruits, etc.

Agree. I thought it would take a year for Denson to recruit well in Florida. But that didn't happen. If anything, his Florida connections have amplified our production in Florida. I'd love to hear Irishfan 33's take on Denson. What are the coaches saying, the recruits, etc.

2017 has started well down there also.

When i met up with Kelly about a Year and 6-7 months ago he said he was happy with the job i was doing in NC, but he said, we start winning Florida, we start winning Championships.

So i have been busting my arse down here ever since. ND is a major player again in Florida, the Kids are excited about ND again. They want that ND offer.

Coach Denson has done a great job down here in Florida, He has made sure that every H.S. Coach and Player down here knows who he is. That is not one person down here that has told me 1 bad thing or complaint about Coach Autry.

This is just the beginning

Edited by IrishFan33

When i met up with Kelly about a Year and 6-7 months ago he said he was happy with the job i was doing in NC, but he said, we start winning Florida, we start winning Championships.

So i have been busting my arse down here ever since. ND is a major player again in Florida, the Kids are excited about ND again. They want that ND offer.

Coach Denson has done a great job down here in Florida, He has made sure that every H.S. Coach and Player down here knows who he is. That is not one person down here that has told me 1 bad thing or complaint about Coach Autry.

This is just the beginning

Wow, appreciate the info. And thanks for your hard work on the recruiting trail! Who is in charge in Georgia and Texas? I think those are two big states we could be cashing in on. Although, we've done pretty well with Georgia on defensive linemen.

Wow, appreciate the info. And thanks for your hard work on the recruiting trail! Who is in charge in Georgia and Texas? I think those are two big states we could be cashing in on. Although, we've done pretty well with Georgia on defensive linemen.

I do Georgia as well.

Ted Price scouts Texas, that's a tough state

P.S. There are guys In Florida/Georgia that are complete studs that would love to go to ND but would never be let in, and that's one of the things that make's it tough some times because a lot of these guy's want to stick together

Edited by IrishFan33