Derek "Karma" Jeter

Rocketsan

totally agree. he is an awesome player and more importantly a decent role model for hard work and dedication. probably not a top 10 yankee though oddly. but there are soooooo many of them.

keith olberman pointed out he didn't exactly ever "lead" the team to a title. those first four rings the yankees were stacked. but jeter played a part in that. it was his first five years though.

my main point is it wasn't a story book ending. but it wasn't a bad ending, either. I don't think he should play in boston, honestly.

Really? Not play his last game? Why does it matter what town he is in? If you played a sport for you profession and you could scrape up the dignity to retire before you are forced out, why not play the entire season? What if they had made the post season? Should he have not played any away games, just in case? Olbermann is an idiot and you show your intelligence by quoting him.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Not play his last game? Why does it matter what town he is in? If you played a sport for you profession and you could scrape up the dignity to retire before you are forced out, why not play the entire season? What if they had made the post season? Should he have not played any away games, just in case? Olbermann is an idiot and you show your intelligence by quoting him.

Ted Williams in his final at-bat hit a walk-off homer. against the orioles. at fenway.

He skipped the last three games of the year .... AT THE YANKEES.

Jeter should skip his last three games ... AT THE RED SOX.

Ted Williams in his final at-bat hit a walk-off homer. against the orioles. at fenway.

He skipped the last three games of the year .... AT THE YANKEES.

Jeter should skip his last three games ... AT THE RED SOX.

If he did then people would have said that he was just trying to be Williams. He is not playing short-stop the last 3 games. Name one other player that did not play the last games of their career? Better yet name 10 Yankees that did that deserve to keep Jeter out of the top 10?

The guy is 6th on the all time hits list... He deserves all the attention and more, you never heard of this guy doing roids or slapping around woman, classy pro. His parents raised him right. SS is arguably the most important position in bb. If someone just calls him "good" they are crazy.. Sorry J2D. He played like a stud in a time of roid inflated #s and he was never once thought to be one of those guys.

What a stupid thing to argue about. Who cares if Jeter doesn't play SS the final two meaningless games in Boston? He'll still be DHing and last time I checked, many players DH during their final years. (Ortiz) He's leaving the field on his terms and in Yankee stadium--as he should. People always have to find something to be upset about.

I always wondered if he played for the Royals in this time frame, is he a hall of famer? Most likely not. I'll give him credit it for doing it at the biggest stage yearly though.

He would be a HOFer no matter the team. No doubt about it. He wouldn't be as loved or recognized, but his stats are easily HOF worthy.

I always wondered if he played for the Royals in this time frame, is he a hall of famer? Most likely not. I'll give him credit it for doing it at the biggest stage yearly though.

That is the question with Jeter. Was he truly great, or just really good for a long time.

He accumulated a lot if stats, but was he ever the best SS of his generation? Never won a batting title.

But he has 5 rings, a bunch of AS games, gold gloves etc.

He's an interesting case.

I'd say if Larkin, Smith and Yount are in Jeter should be too.

Edited by corysold

That is the question with Jeter. Was he truly great, or just really good for a long time.

He accumulated a lot if stats, but was he ever the best SS of his generation? Never won a batting title.

But he has 5 rings, a bunch of AS games, gold gloves etc.

He's an interesting case.

I'd say if Larkin, Smith and Yount are in Jeter should be too.

In the HOF?

Dude is first ballot and probably unanimous honestly.

But you make good points. No MVPS

In the HOF?

Dude is first ballot and probably unanimous honestly.

But you make good points. No MVPS

Unanimous! Haha, don't make me laugh. Greg Maddux was as much as unanimous as you could get and sports writers denied him that because they don't believe that anybody is as good as Ruth, or Williams etc. for an unanimous vote.