2016 Recruiting Prospects

3 things I noted:

1. Georgia was in because he liked "Coach Mark" (Richt, presumably) who is not there any more,

2. That Notre Dame hat was *horrible*, and

3. Autry Denson was on him since his junior year..... which means he either hit the ground running on recruiting just after hiring, or he was on him while recruiting for Miami of Ohio (which wouldn't be in this player's league)

I don't think he comes here, since his Dad played for the Crimson Tide, but we're in it, and an official visit is always something special.

It's probably nothing, but he lights up when he speaks about Coach Denson and ND. All the others his body language is the same, hunched over, stoic, and monotone. When he speaks about ND, he smiles and shifts around a bit.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated, bigger update next week. Betiku 99% eliminated

WR

FL WR Nate Craig-Myers: VERY LOW

MI WR Donnie Corley: VERY LOW

CA WR Javon McKinley: HIGH

CA WR Damian Alloway: MEDIUM

AL WR Velus Jones Jr.: MEDIUM

DL

CA DL Oluwole Betiku: VERY LOW

OLB

CA LB Caleb Kelly: MEDIUM

AL LB Ben Davis: LOW

TX LB Jeffrey McCulloch: HIGH

OH LB Brendan Ferns: MEDIUM

MI LB Daelin Hayes: HIGH

DC LB Aaron Hansford: LOW

ILB

FL LB Jonathan Jones: HIGH

CB

CA CB David Long: MEDIUM

PA CB Damar Hamlin: HIGH

TX CB Eric Cuffee: VERY LOW

SC CB Troy Pride, Jr.: HIGH

S

NJ S Jordan Fuller: MEDIUM

FL S Devin Studstill: HIGH

ATH

GA ATH Demetris Robertson: MEDIUM

CA ATH Brandon Burton: MEDIUM

OH ATH Jonah Morris: MEDIUM

Edited by Big23Head

Robertson couldn't make it to the banquet but still wants to visit again with his bro.

Hayes is a HEAVY ND lean (nod, nod, wink, wink).

Things trending in the right direction for a bunch of DB targets (Pride, Hamlin, Studstill... Even Long and Fuller are legit possibilities now).

That's all I can add to Big's per-usual great info.

- New DE on the radar, GA DE Chidi Okonya. Decommitted from Tennessee last week and ND got back into it. Duke has some momentum and will get an OV this weekend. ND OV Jan 15th. Academics are high priority, intelligent kid with athleticism. 6'6, 230# 247 composite 4* 0.89

- Jalen Elliott and Julian Love are now 4* on Rivals

Edited by Big23Head

- New DE on the radar, GA DE Chidi Okonya. Decommitted from Tennessee last week and ND got back into it. Duke has some momentum and will get an OV this weekend. ND OV Jan 15th. Academics are high priority, intelligent kid with athleticism. 6'6, 230# 247 composite 4* 0.89

Kid's got some good SEC offers for a 3* on Rivals, the only site I looked at his profile on.

Robertson couldn't make it to the banquet but still wants to visit again with his bro.

Hayes is a HEAVY ND lean (nod, nod, wink, wink).

Things trending in the right direction for a bunch of DB targets (Pride, Hamlin, Studstill... Even Long and Fuller are legit possibilities now).

That's all I can add to Big's per-usual great info.

That's some great news about hayes and the db's. If we could land 3 of those defensive backs that would be awesome.

That's some great news about hayes and the db's. If we could land 3 of those defensive backs that would be awesome.

;) I'd bet on it

Who do you guys think the staff would want the most at each position at least the positions were still recruiting...seems like they are waiting to see what some guys say before they take others

Studstill, McKinley, Hayes, Hamlin, McCulloch/Kelly, Robertson. Pretty much everyone is a take right now except Morris maybe

Edited by Big23Head

Who do you guys think the staff would want the most at each position at least the positions were still recruiting...seems like they are waiting to see what some guys say before they take others

If we are simply going off realistic options I would say it looks like this:

DE/OLB: Daelin Hayes

S: Devin Studstill

WR: Javon McKinley

CB: David Long

ATH: Demetris Robertson

But obviously they also want Fuller, Hamlin, Pride, Alloway, etc. as other realistic options.

Are you feeling that good on both Hamlin and Pride at this point? Would love to land Hamlin. Thanks.

Well, out of the 3 mentioned, ND is in VERY good shape. Hamlin, yes ND leads or is neck and neck. Pride same thing, he will visit VT and hopefully have it figured out. Although the staff may decide they only want 2 more DBs and go all out for an athlete with the last spot.

Great job by the staff to reel in Daelin...

My three biggest wants remaining (that we have a good chance with)

McCulloch

McKinley

Hamlin

Would like to grab the new prospect Chidi Okonya if we have room as well. I'm a sucker for DL recruiting.

Those are definitely a very good top 3 and would make this class pretty dang special. I would add Studstill to that list. First off, because I think ND lands him...and second because he might be the most underrated recruit in the country.

If we could land any combo of mccolough, Kelly, ferns, Davis or Jones..... I'd definitely take two more. Hayes may be a dend
There is no doubt that long term he's a DE. Next season I think he's a hybrid OLB/DE type that will see time in obvious passing downs as a pass rusher from both the DE and LB position depending on the situation.

Not sure thing by any means but ND is in the thick of it for McCullough and Kelly. As for Jones, Davis and Ferns it's more of wait and see at this time but the all do have reasonable interest.