2014 Recruiting Prospects

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To keep this thread up to date:

- As in the McKenzie thread he will choose from UWV, Rutgers and ND. Rutgers wants him at RB, the others at WR. Alford treats him like a son. If academics are in order he should be all ND. Only OV to ND for USC game as of now (Oct 19). Deciding Oct. 6

- Texas offered Nick Watkins and they now lead. Interesting turn because he said they were out even if offered. It is ok though, ND needs one solid CB and one S/CB in this class.

- Not sure if I posted this. Drue Tranquill will visit Purdue for the ND game and visit ND for the MSU game.

Edited by Big23Head

- Texas offered Nick Watkins and they now lead. Interesting turn because he said they were out even if offered. It is ok though, ND needs one solid CB and one S/CB in this class.

Watkins nearly committed to ND during the summer on his visit but if ND gets him on campus again I think he could lean NDs way again. I agree about needing only one elite CB safety combo, i'd be in heaven if ND could land both adoree Jackson and juju smith.

To keep this thread up to date:

- As in the McKenzie thread he will choose from UWV, Rutgers and ND. Rutgers wants him at RB, the others at WR. Alford treats him like a son. If academics are in order he should be all ND. Only OV to ND for USC game as of now (Oct 19). Deciding Oct. 6

Wouldn't surprise me if this will change. McKenzie is about to BLOW UP with offers.

I actually think that helps us, insofar as late-comers are usually at a disadvantage with a kid. Unless, of course he has a "dream school" that he is hoping offers?

I worry if Miami, Florida, or Florida State get involved. Haven't heard anything, just speculation on my part.

Will that be an official for payton as well?

Other than the fact that ND can pay for meals (Hello, Ruth's Chris), does it really matter if a visit is official or not?

I guess I am asking that other than meals, does anything different happen for an official versus an unofficial on a given week-end?

If not, why do we care?

Other than the fact that ND can pay for meals (Hello, Ruth's Chris), does it really matter if a visit is official or not?

I guess I am asking that other than meals, does anything different happen for an official versus an unofficial on a given week-end?

If not, why do we care?

I believe that the recruit needs to send the transcript to the school prior to an official visit, so you could guess that they'd be approved to actually attend the school, while that isn't the case for an unofficial visit.

Also, a school is only allow to provide so many "official" visits, so you can gauge interest on both sides by who is granted official visits.

But other than that, there isn't too much difference, other than one is virtually free and the other isn't.

Recap of our QB commit Kizer's HS game...Per Irish Sports Daily:

"Kizer finished the game 13-of-28 passing for 185 yards with a touchdown and an interception."

Now I know it's not good to look into numbers and all, but you'd think a D1 recruit that is committed to ND would at least be able to complete half of his passes in a HS game..? He may turn out to be a major project player that never sees the field with Golson coming back, and Zaire as a strong backup.

I think we may have been able to pull a more talented QB if we waited a little bit longer...But who knows, it was only one game!

Recap of our QB commit Kizer's HS game...Per Irish Sports Daily:"Kizer finished the game 13-of-28 passing for 185 yards with a touchdown and an interception."Now I know it's not good to look into numbers and all, but you'd think a D1 recruit that is committed to ND would at least be able to complete half of his passes in a HS game..?He may turn out to be a major project player that never sees the field with Golson coming back,and Zaire as a strong backup.

I think we may have been able to pull a more talented QB if we waited a little bit longer...But who knows,it was only one game!

Too tough to tell in high school without seeing the game. Does he have any WRs? Did they drop a bu ch of balls? Was the other team just superior athletically?

Would need to see the film to know how he got to those numbers. Numbers tell some of the story, but not all of it.