East Palistine OH RR disaster

Didn't see a peep of this story 10 days ago when it happened.  More is coming out a week later, zero media coverage on it, too busy reporting "UFO'S" everywhere. 

This is a total clusterf***!  It will be a major environmental disaster to that area.  Heads need to roll.  Prayers of safety to the people living there and nearby.  😡

1 hour ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

This situation is very bad.  Authorities told residents of the town to evacuate or die prior to just burning off chemicals that are extremely cancerous.  

Yeah its terrible all around.  Clearly there appears to have been a large number of very bad decisions through this process.  I get accidents happen, but its bordering on negligence in the RR industry regarding safety and equipment protocol.  There were videos of this rail car throwing a big spark shower at least 20 miles before it derailed.  As I understand it the tracks have sensors that monitor heat at checkpoints along railways as well as other fail-safes.  What happened to those.

The decision to hurry up and burn off these extremely toxic chemical compounds so they could make repairs and reopen the railway quickly is f'ing criminal!!  

The silence from the MSM is deafening considering the magnitude of what happened.  And the governments response at all levels is even more maddening considering the extremely dangerous elements let loose upon the public, natural resources, and agriculture that may impact for generations.  Chemical Chernobyl comparisons are not far off.

26 minutes ago, jessemoore97 said:

Yeah its terrible all around.  Clearly there appears to have been a large number of very bad decisions through this process.  I get accidents happen, but its bordering on negligence in the RR industry regarding safety and equipment protocol.  There were videos of this rail car throwing a big spark shower at least 20 miles before it derailed.  As I understand it the tracks have sensors that monitor heat at checkpoints along railways as well as other fail-safes.  What happened to those.

The decision to hurry up and burn off these extremely toxic chemical compounds so they could make repairs and reopen the railway quickly is f'ing criminal!!  

The silence from the MSM is deafening considering the magnitude of what happened.  And the governments response at all levels is even more maddening considering the extremely dangerous elements let loose upon the public, natural resources, and agriculture that may impact for generations.  Chemical Chernobyl comparisons are not far off.

Yup.  The sparks are #17 in the twitter thread I posted.  Here is the direct embed for that one.

28 minutes ago, jessemoore97 said:

One thing I did read is that the reason they drained the tanker cars and burned off the chemicals was to avoid the cars turning into bombs.  The chemicals are highly combustible.  One car that did explode sent shrapnel as far as a mile.  And you're correct, I have still yet to see anything about this in the news.  I found out about this LAST NIGHT on a hockey forum.  Granted, I don't go out of my way to watch the news.  However Fox News, CNN, Newsmax, MSNBC, etc are all constantly on the tv in the break room at work at some point in the day.  The China balloon was constantly being covered.  Not a friging thing about this.

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

One thing I did read is that the reason they drained the tanker cars and burned off the chemicals was to avoid the cars turning into bombs.  The chemicals are highly combustible.  One car that did explode sent shrapnel as far as a mile.  And you're correct, I have still yet to see anything about this in the news.  I found out about this LAST NIGHT on a hockey forum.  Granted, I don't go out of my way to watch the news.  However Fox News, CNN, Newsmax, MSNBC, etc are all constantly on the tv in the break room at work at some point in the day.  The China balloon was constantly being covered.  Not a friging thing about this.

Heard that with some of the cars as well.  Like I said this was a total Charlie Foxtrot.  Unfortunately fail safes and possibly other issues with RR policy and labor may have contributed to the whole affair.  In the end many people will be dramatically affected by the event and I doubt little to nothing will be done to mitigate the environmental side nor responsible parties held accountable in the matter.  Sad state of affairs.

On the conspiracy side of things the Netflix film White Noise was filmed in that area and released last year.  Based on a book from the 80's about a train wreck and chemical spill.  People in the area acted as extras in the film.  What's the odds?

BTW love that you linked Kanekoa substack, he's good.  Woke Society did a pretty deep dig on this incident too.  Independent media and content creators have done more to report and get eyes on this big news event than all the MSM combined.

On 2/15/2023 at 11:00 AM, jessemoore97 said:

Heard that with some of the cars as well.  Like I said this was a total Charlie Foxtrot.  Unfortunately fail safes and possibly other issues with RR policy and labor may have contributed to the whole affair.  In the end many people will be dramatically affected by the event and I doubt little to nothing will be done to mitigate the environmental side nor responsible parties held accountable in the matter.  Sad state of affairs.

On the conspiracy side of things the Netflix film White Noise was filmed in that area and released last year.  Based on a book from the 80's about a train wreck and chemical spill.  People in the area acted as extras in the film.  What's the odds?

BTW love that you linked Kanekoa substack, he's good.  Woke Society did a pretty deep dig on this incident too.  Independent media and content creators have done more to report and get eyes on this big news event than all the MSM combined.

Don't be too impressed, I have no idea who the profiles are.  I just reposted something I saw elsewhere.  It really is a sad state of affairs.  To add insult to injury, Norfolk Southern is giving a whopping $25k to the people effected.  If they really cared they'd add a few more zeros to that number.

On 2/17/2023 at 5:47 PM, NYGoldenDomer said:

Don't be too impressed, I have no idea who the profiles are.  I just reposted something I saw elsewhere.  It really is a sad state of affairs.  To add insult to injury, Norfolk Southern is giving a whopping $25k to the people effected.  If they really cared they'd add a few more zeros to that number.

I follow a number of independent media and researchers, Kanekoa is a good one for info and sauce.

The handling of the derailment especially with regard to people's health is horrible.  Love how Trump announces he's going to Ohio, then FEMA/Feds jump to get involved after previously telling the locals to pound sand before Trump's announcement.  Good look for the resident to fly to Ukraine and commit more of our tax dollars to funding that corrupt regime and ignore Ohio.

Hearing reports that the airborne fallout is being noticed on the eastern seaboard in places by people.  Oh yeah and the RR company was going around to homes last week to test people's water and wouldn't do so without homeowners signing liability/immunity forms!  Un-f***ing-believable!

Edited by jessemoore97

20 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

I follow a number of independent media and researchers, Kanekoa is a good one for info and sauce.

The handling of the derailment especially with regard to people's health is horrible.  Love how Trump announces he's going to Ohio, then FEMA/Feds jump to get involved after previously telling the locals to pound sand before Trump's announcement.  Good look for the resident to fly to Ukraine and commit more of our tax dollars to funding that corrupt regime and ignore Ohio.

Hearing reports that the airborne fallout is being noticed on the eastern seaboard in places by people.  Oh yeah and the RR company was going around to homes last week to test people's water and wouldn't do so without homeowners signing liability/immunity forms!  Un-f***ing-believable!

The whole situation is a farce of epic proportions.

• Flames 1