So what can we ACTUALLY change?

We can change turnovers, simply as that. 9 turnovers in 2 games!! Rees is great at times but devastating at others. He now has 5 turnovers in 6 quarters. ND will go 0-12 if that continues. This is completely unacceptable; this team is not good enough to overcome excessive turnovers.

Completely dominated the game, until Rees throws into triple coverage and Denard turns around throws a 43 yrd TD for UM's first score.

Why is Rees getting a free pass, Crist would be lambasted?

Team is far from ELITE as previously discussed, it is good at best, pretty good without the turnovers.

I have no more expectations, hope they go 10-0, but at this point I'm hoping for 6 wins.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand we should have won by 20. But 30 seconds to just get in FG range from the 20 is a win under most situation. We should have won if the defense didn't blow it.

I agree, but I think this loss was a total team loss, offense, ST, defense, and coaching. I was trying to point blame at one of the other areas that caused our team to underperform.

We can change turnovers, simply as that. 9 turnovers in 2 games!! Rees is great at times but devastating at others. He now has 5 turnovers in 6 quarters. ND will go 0-12 if that continues. This is completely unacceptable; this team is not good enough to overcome excessive turnovers.

Completely dominated the game, until Rees throws into triple coverage and Denard turns around throws a 43 yrd TD for UM's first score.

Why is Rees getting a free pass, Crist would be lambasted?

Rees is not getting a free pass. despite tommy's TO's, this loss was due to the defense. frustration with crist was due to him not being able to move the offense downfield on a regular enough basis. but sure tommy needs a lot of work. I was saying during fall camp that we don't have a ready for primetime qb yet.

Rees is not getting a free pass. despite tommy's TO's, this loss was due to the defense. frustration with crist was due to him not being able to move the offense downfield on a regular enough basis. but sure tommy needs a lot of work. I was saying during fall camp that we don't have a ready for primetime qb yet.

Yea you can put it on the d for giving up big plays in 30 seconds... But the o can not give an athlete like drob chances from unforced turnovers... and special teams can't give him short fields... If theo can't tske on the wr and pr duties (which really is fine, look at hester, his return capabilities went down ehen we tried making him a full time receiver) then why can't we have mcdaniel or ga3 take that role

If you put McDaniel or ga3 in the game and they fumble or whatever, then the question becomes why did he put a freshmen in there.

sometimes I feel everything kelly says is a smokescreen. every player he brags about seem to struggle

Well sure but the point was as the 4th rb you can move their focus solely on the return game