Darby taking visits

We are really hitting a rocky period for recruiting this june.

according to BGI---darby has said he now wants to take 4 visits---alabama/auburn/fsu/ and somebody else--he says he is not decomitting from ND but felt he missed out on recruiting because of track and wants to BE SURE ABOUT HIS CHOICE__:(

We will fight hard for this recruit no doubt, but nonethless, this is not what we need to be hearing.

aloha's

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to BGI---darby has said he now wants to take 4 visits---alabama/auburn/fsu/ and somebody else--he says he is not decomitting from ND but felt he missed out on recruiting because of track and wants to BE SURE ABOUT HIS CHOICE__:(

We will fight hard for this recruit no doubt, but nonethless, this is not what we need to be hearing.

aloha's

Rocky period? How? We have 10 commits and the season hasn't even started. #1 rated DB class which was the position of greatest need. Rocky because a bunch of guys we never lead for dropped off our board? Get real.

This is the first "real" bad news... and it's probably total BS. Darby's coach says he hasn't heard a peep from some of those schools for awhile. All of these rumors started after Darby started going around to camps.

Not saying he won't take visits but there is also tons of info from Darby saying he is solid (to Baratti and other peeps very recently) and he keeps pushing people to ND. And his coach says he's solid. I don't put any stake in this crap until I hear otherwise.

lol, weaksauce, in all honesty i wouldn't be surprised if we lost him, i also wouldnt be surprised if we held on to him, hell i wouldnt be surprised if what im saying right now makes any sense

wouldnt be surprised? if not for last year i would say he's long gone... but there was last year... so who knows...

Hey don't blame me schell---i'm just posting news from one of NDs premium recruiting sites. I have no idea what darby is or isn't thinking, its not info any of us like to hear , but since they post it over at B&G , i don't think we need to be ostriches over here.

Its not uncommon for recruits to take visits--councell took a bucnch as did many of our recruits last cycle. That in and of itself doesn't mean much. I assume that was a quote from B&G about how he's not decomiiting he just wants to be sure of his choice.--Thats a bit more then i like to hear.

As far as JUNE goes---well we had all these visitors lined up-- then we had a big bunch of cancellations--the Zac Brooks commit to clemson---The loss of Kimbrow to Vandy- Now Darby make some less then happy noises--etc etc---

Recruiting is an UP & DOWN business--i think its fair to say that JUNE has been a down period given expectations.

As far as darby is concerned , there has been alot written about him over the last three weeks all pointed about if "DARBY IS SOLID "---one day he is very solid--the next day he wants to be sure.

That can mean anything of course , he simply may want attention & have some fun on other peoples dime . But history tells me when we start asking often and reading articles about is he or isn't he solid?---Often that just isn't the best sign.

Long way to go till february--remember we had like 6 decommits last year and just kept adding better prospects as time went on.

I would not be surprised to see us hit the jackpot late if we look good in september & october.---My idea of jackpot would be--PEAT/ MARSHALL/MARSHALL/ J JONES/ TREGGS/ BANNER ETC

We may very well finish very strong again this cycle !----Time will tell

aloha's

Didn't this get talked about just last week? Thought he and the staff had a heart to heart because he went to NC with a friend or something. His coach was quoted as saying the staff was pissed, been in touch with both he and Darby and there was mutual agreement he wouldn't be doing it anymore. Now a week later he is scheduling officials? Sorry breatheren...this young man may be putting everyone through the ringer until signing day. If he's out front with it, fine. Kid has a right to find a track program which can support his time on the football field and prep him for a potential Olympic opportunity as a sprinter. However if they keep stating he is just visiting...missed out on the fun...entirely different story.

aloha's

Not good news this early but definintely not surprising. There will be an increase in crabby, Debbie Downers around here if news like this is upsetting this early. Kind of weird choosing between Bama, Auburn, FSU, and ND.....I guess ND clearly sets itself as different from the other schools in top 5.

This is current day recruiting!! Most all schools ,sans Texas, have to deal with kids wanting to take their trips. De-committing has become common. Now I am NOT saying KD will De-committ but none of this should be a shock. It's my belief that ND WINNING is the key to keeping the 4 and 5* guys. As Hawaii has said previously, if we can start 3-0 and get the ball rolling we will pick up recruiting steam and finish strong on and off the field!!8-)

Go Irish

If you Win They Will Come!!!

Has Keith Marshall been on campus yet? I don't believe that he has. If so I believe, if the rumors are true, that he has something to do with this. I'd imagine that he is in his ear just a little bit. But when push comes to shove you have to be your own person, be a leader not a follower Darby.

Honestly, after last season, I am willing to give the ND staff alot of slack on the topic of decommits. It will not be for a lack of effort, and if a kid decides to go somewhere else and cannot be convinced otherwise, best of luck to him. Next.