Darrin Walls is first string

Rockne3d

ND now has Walls ahead of Wooden on the depth chart. It's nice to see one of our top guys from the class of 06 already jump into the starting lineup in his soph season.

I've always rooted for Walls. I had the chance to meet him and he is a super nice, quiet kid. Father is also a good guy.

I love that we're pulling in guys of this calibur who are pushing guys ahead of them. It's only going to keep our team more competitive, and that will be a great story to future recruits that you can come here, work your tail off and play yourself onto the field.

Guest IrishGlory

I love to see that Walls has made a move up the depth chart. That is great to see and speaks well for the competition at that position. At the same time, I expect to see Ambrose Wooden play A LOT of minutes for the Irish this season. It will be interesting to see who winds up being the nickel back this year.

ND now has Walls ahead of Wooden on the depth chart. It's nice to see one of our top guys from the class of 06 already jump into the starting lineup in his soph season.

I've always rooted for Walls. I had the chance to meet him and he is a super nice, quiet kid. Father is also a good guy.

I've always liked Walls a lot too. The kid was a beast in his AA game. Let's hope he's the first of many Bill Lewis "shut down" corners.

I've always liked Walls a lot too. The kid was a beast in his AA game. Let's hope he's the first of many Bill Lewis "shut down" corners.

If I'm not mistaken, Walls didn't play in the AA game because of injury. Maybe you are confusing him with Gray, he played superb at the AA game.

SDIrishFan If I'm not mistaken, Walls didn't play in the AA game because of injury. Maybe you are confusing him with Gray, he played superb at the AA game.

What shocked me about Gray's performance in the AA game, and it was stellar, is that he dropped about 45 spots in national rankings AFTER that game. Against some players who hadn't played a game at all? :roll:

McNeil played in the AA game and was unbelieveable. I am pretty sure Walls was hurt for the AA game. Gray was not hurt for the AA game...he got hurt in Spring.

thats right, it was mcneil that was killin in the AA game.. but either way, i've been lookin forward to both of these guys getting consistent playing time.. and glad to see one of them starting already..