ND vs GT Fearless Prediction

dangeruss

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this is going to be a good old fashioned slugfest. We want to run the ball, they will put 8 men in the box to stop it - at that point its whether we man-up and run it anyways or we rely on our QB to win it for us.

I think that they want to run the ball too, we have to stop them and make their QB try and win it for them.

This one is coming down to turnovers and special teams - just like all good football games do.

Guest IrishGlory

I am picking ND in this one in a close contest. I am think something along the lines of 17-14. I think ND wil make a play on special teams with either a kick or punt return and the defense will force a key turnover.

I still believe that our OFF. line will be the surprise this year and they will hold there own against GT DEF line. And they will start opening holes for the RB's.And I agree that special teams will be good also. And I say that ND will pull this one out and win.

Guest Timbo1599

My prediciton - ND 24 GT 17

I think the 1st half is going to be low scoring (maybe 7-3 or 10-7 at the half). The Irish come out and wear GT down in the 2nd half with the running game.

Just a complete guess, but I think Clausen comes out under center on Saturday.

I agree with you Irish21....I think that ND will come out with a HUGE chip on their shoulders and really play nasty, hard-nosed football and win by at least 10.

I also agree with Chiro....I will also be drinking jack and coke and having an outstanding time!

GO IRISH!!!

Guest Deimos

ND 24 GT 20

Clausen will get the start, and lead the Irish on a late 4th Quarter rally against a GT defense that finally wears out 55 min. into the contest. We stay close thanks to good field position, and the last drive only is about 60 yards or so.

-MW-

Guest bfabes05

Irish 17 and Tech 14, great running game from us, Armando Allen has a kick return for a Touchdown and Whitaker kicks the field goal that eventually helps us hold on to be the winner

Guest SpanishElite

I usually dont make ND predictions, bc im just to biased. But I will go ND 17 Ga Tech 14. With one of the ND TDs coming from either special teams, or a long return for an easy TD.

But I could be way off.

I'm thinking Mr. Jones starts, does a lot of scrambling to avoid the mad blitz GT's coach is known for. Short passing and running game disrupts that plan and the Irish win 24 - 14. From every indication, our running game should be a thrill to watch and take some pressure off our young QB whomever he may be.

Reasons ND will win.

5. ND coaching staff is better than the GT coaching staff (last years game says it all)

4. We are bigger. (I can finally say that)

3. Bennett couldn't beat out Ball.

2. GT wont fight from behind. (They have been fighting themselves in practice)

1. Homefield advantage. It's huge in this one.

With all this negativity surrounding the season, I'm smelling the Pittsburgh game all over again.