next qb is djones... well maybe

irishndfan2

my brother is a sophomore at ND and last year as a freshamn his dorm room was directly across from sophomores o lines dorm room, so he and my bro are pretty good friends, and when i heard that charlie said that if the players didnt know who the QB was by now than their n ot very smart, i figured why not ask my bro to ask the olineman who it is, so i texted my bro and he finally text me back and said sharpley, but i remembered a coulpe weeks ago my bro had talked to the olineman and he said it was sharpley, so i texted my bro back and said did he tell u this recently or was that just from a couple weeks ago, and he finally texted back and said that the olineman didnt tell him, and i was thinking who else would of, my bro was also good friends with a wide reciever so i asked my bro if it was him, and he said no some track player told him and i said well thats not very reliable, so i figured whatever im goin to find out in a week anyways, but my bro instant messaged me this morning and he said he talked to sophomore offensive lineman , and he told him that whoever was the first QB under center during the student appreciation practice was going to be the starter, and my bro went to it last night and he siad the first QB was demetrius Jones, so who knows maybe it means nothing, but i thought id just share the story with you guys, but well find out in less than a week i cant wait, the home opener always has the greatest atmosphere should be a blast

GO IRISH!!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SirJohn

Hey irishndfan. Thanks good to get some on campus opinions. The whole situation is confusing. I just filed Sundays practice from the Rock made by students. It seemed DD did not do to well tho. :?: :?: :?:

yeah i took out the names of the players, i didnt even think about the possibility of them getting into trouble by something like this, and i wouldnt want to be the one to get them into trouble, but anyways my bro actually didnt go last night but a bunch of his friends went and they told him that DJ was first under center, but who knows maybe they werent paying attention when jimmy came out first but i kinda want to see jones out there first, and clausen like 4th or 5th game, im not a big sharpley fan but if he gets in there and wins then thats all that matters to me, but the whole thing about the first qb under center last night was the starter probably means nothing at all, will see saturday

Guest SirJohn

No problem irshndfan :D Good stuff :clap: :clap: I have been busy and can't really recall if you got a warm DD welcome yet. So welcome. Good to get student reports here at DD. :D

Guest medvnd

I was there last night. JC was the first under center, though he only threw two short passes, and then mostly out of 2 and 3 TE sets. I'm almost positive I know who the starter is from other on-campus sources, but I'll respect CW's decision to keep it under wraps. Needless to say, none of the 3 QBs looked great last night. Both JC and DJ threw interceptions, and ES kept trying to force the ball to Carlson (only to have it batted down by one the OLBs--Scott Smith looked great in coverage, by the way). On the bright side, the D looked really good. Charlie said at the end that they were simply trying to knock the rust off the players after a couple of days off.

In all, the very short practice revealed almost nothing that is not already public. The O play-calling was way too vanilla for us to draw conclusions about the eventual performance of the QBs or the team in general.

Guest Hejduk23

Med, I see nothing wrong with you "speculating" who you think the QB is going to be. After all, unless your source is a coach and you don't name the sources name...it is just that...speculation. So...who do you "think" it is going to be?

Guest Deimos

Welcome irishndfan2, but please use a little punctuation and capitalization in your posts. I think I have a headache from reading the run-ons. =)

Thanks for the info tho!

-MW-

EDIT: I speculate, as I have all along, that it is Clausen, then Jones, then Sharpley.

I think speculation is good but any concrete tips of substance should probably be withheld, because we will all find out Saturday. It is more important GT doesn't know than us finding out. We should probably show more journalistic responsibility than most journalists in my opinion.

Guest loweND

For what it's worth, and for those who aren't into podcasts, Pete Sampson seemed pretty certain on Rivalsradio that it was going to be Demetrius Jones. And Mike Frank said both on Power Hour and 'Irish Guys' that he thinks it's going to be Demetrius Jones. Don't know if they know something we don't know - but two hearing two guys who are 'connected' saying the same thing is certainly interesting.

Guest Hejduk23

There have been 3 scrimmages viewable to the public/students...

B&G game...DJ Intercepted for a def. touchdown

Open Practice...DJ Intercepted on a bad decision

Student Apprec...DJ Intercepted for what would most likely been a TD

Not a good pattern if you ask me. I for one am pulling for Jimmy!

Guest medvnd

Let's just say Weis's choice of QB and his play-calling will expose Stewart Mandel's latest article on ND for the worthless, moronic drivel that it is.