A thought on QB situation

Ray Herring

Why would Weis be hiding our starting QB if he was a conventional pocket passer?

We run the risk of looking disorganized ourselves by not knowing the starter and the only possible reward great enough to off-set this risk would be to catch Tenuta flat-flooted against a rushing QB.

That said, I think the only advantage by not naming a starter would be over by half-time where adjustments are made. But that might not help at all since it may take us till half-time to get the offense going.

Very confusing I know. We may be in for a low-scoring affair.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IrishPanther

I think the advantage is that even if it is a conventional passer...as long as Tenuta doesn't know he still better devote time to defending the run. It handicaps GT's preparation time since they can't focus as intently on one strategy or the other.

I hear what you are saying Ray, and you may be right but I honestly believe that we have analyzed and over analyzed every possible reason, quote, video clip and still don't know who the starter will be.

The fact that we are all still guessing means that Tenuta is still guessing. Pocket passer or not, he doesn't know what he is going to get and has to spend time on everything like Panther was stating.

Personally, I'm to the point that I don't really care who the starter is. I'm just looking forward to finding out. Whomever is chosen will be both a surprise and expected if that makes any sense.

I hear what you are saying Ray, and you may be right but I honestly believe that we have analyzed and over analyzed every possible reason, quote, video clip and still don't know who the starter will be.

The fact that we are all still guessing means that Tenuta is still guessing. Pocket passer or not, he doesn't know what he is going to get and has to spend time on everything like Panther was stating.

Personally, I'm to the point that I don't really care who the starter is. I'm just looking forward to finding out. Whomever is chosen will be both a surprise and expected if that makes any sense.

I agree Blarney, and even the media has forgotten about JC somewhat. They all talk about Sharpley and Jones of late.Have to see what JC has to say tomorrow when he is aloud to talk to the media.

Haven't you guys heard too many rumblings to think it isn't DD?? I have. I thought it was Sharply, but i am hearing to much, gotta be DD. Can't wait.

I'm just not sure TD. The noise seems to go in cycles. For a while it seems the consensus was DD, then it was Jimmy until fan appreciation day and people didn't think he could throw, then Sharpley got the majority vote for his consistensy. Now it seems, like you say, the noise level has raised for Jones again. Bottom line is that we've heard noise on all three at various points and we have yet to hear anything from anyone tied to the program or anyone who claims to have a solid source. Everything we hear is just speculation.

You know, where we could have a big advantage is during the game and inserting different QBs for different series. You can make adjustments during the quarter or at halftime, but with a rotation of different skill sets, you'd need to make adjustments when you see 1 guy or the other run out on the field or break the huddle.

I wonder if where CW is sandbagging is on his response that he could envision using several QBs. Perhaps he is from the old school ala Madden ("if you have 2 RBs then you don't have any")?

If he said "we're definitely going to use all 3", that would be the same effect as what he's saying now: GT has to prepare for all three. But CW doesn't want to overtly lie. I wonder if he really does not believe in rotating QBs and who we see run out and take the opening snap is who we'll see most of the season? Unless of course they can't get it done consistently.

Guest Deimos

I was about to say that Charlie knows already, but lets face it, he isn't telling anyone. ND knows too (the team) but they aren't saying anything either. Does this help against GT? Not as much as I would hope it would, but a little. Not knowing always is bad (from GT's perspective) but lets face it, they are going to blitz, and they don't care who is the QB in that case.

-MW-

Guest domerdude

Absolute: CW will play the person(s) that will give ND the best chance of winning.

Other than that we shouldnt worry at all. Whoever plays on Sept 1st will be in good shape- mentally and physically. Youre options are all 3 very good athletes. I would be a fan if 3, 7 or 13 took the field. I personally think its a ploy to sell all three jerseys! lol jk