Jimmy Clausen Status

PlayLikeAChampion

Maybe I am being overly analytical but I was watching the Sept 11 fan appreciation films on CSTV very carefully and paying particular attention to JC when he was passing. Most of the passes I watched him throw, watching each play several times, it seemed to me he was pushing the ball and one ocassion he actually dropped back and the ball fell out of his hand as he brought it up to pass. It got me wondering if he really isn't healthy yet and might be experiencing either some discomfort or even strength problems in his arm. Any other opinions?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

like I've said before...........this is probably why CW recruited Crist...........He is unsure of Jimmy's arm. Why else would he recruit him? Why else would Crist agree to come here, ( based on everyone's thinking that JC would start for 4 yrs.) ?

I think he recruited Crist because he was the best, and you want the best. Plus Crist has clearly stated he will wait if he has to, as long as his JR year. USC has shown you really only need 1 or 2 years to sell yourse;f for the pros. One of the top ranked QB's next year is a guy no one knows, except the scouts and pundents, a guy named Hunter Cantwell at UofL. He wont get the reigns of the team until Brohm graduates, and then for one year only. Cantwell will be a Senior next year. Brady Quinn was only here 4 years because we were down on talent so much. With more talent, who would have fought for PT, or left early for the draft.

like I've said before...........this is probably why CW recruited Crist...........He is unsure of Jimmy's arm. Why else would he recruit him? Why else would Crist agree to come here, ( based on everyone's thinking that JC would start for 4 yrs.) ?

I think he recruited Crist because he was the best, and you want the best. Plus Crist has clearly stated he will wait if he has to, as long as his JR year. USC has shown you really only need 1 or 2 years to sell yourse;f for the pros. One of the top ranked QB's next year is a guy no one knows, except the scouts and pundents, a guy named Hunter Cantwell at UofL. He wont get the reigns of the team until Brohm graduates, and then for one year only. Cantwell will be a Senior next year. Brady Quinn was only here 4 years because we were down on talent so much. With more talent, who would have fought for PT, or left early for the draft.

hear, hear! that argument doesn't wash with ANY position on this team! why are we recruting a RB this year when we've got 5 really good ones? because that's what ND and USC and those types of teams do ( and did ), stock-pile talent. i've said before, i expect CW to try and bring in a top-flight QB every year! and that's a sign of health for our program...

Guest JerseyDomer
i was under the impression that if you were an EE you could not red shirt. maybe it's different for a medical rs? anyone know for sure? what say y'all?

-don

EE has no bearing on if a player can apply for a 5th yr at ND or get redshirted at another school

Chris Stewart was an EE and he will prolly apply for a 5th yr when his time comes

Redshirting Jimmy would make no sense, especially if it's injury related. Unless it's a new injury that happened recently it would make Charlie look like a liar. If it's the same injury, Jimmy would've been shut down before summer practices.

If DJ is the clear cut starter it wouldn't surprise me. Personally I think Charlie's offense is catered for the likes of Jimmy and Dayne. I really like what Double D brings to the table at the same time. I don't see Dayne beating out Jimmy, if that's what been implied. Remember they have the same personal coach and remember what this guy said about Jimmy. Very strange people are writing him off. Call it the Carroll effect.

If DJ is the clear cut starter it wouldn't surprise me. Personally I think Charlie's offense is catered for the likes of Jimmy and Dayne. I really like what Double D brings to the table at the same time. I don't see Dayne beating out Jimmy, if that's what been implied. Remember they have the same personal coach and remember what this guy said about Jimmy. Very strange people are writing him off. Call it the Carroll effect.

i call it "THE NEW GUY WHO WE HAVEN'T SEEN PLAY A DOWN OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL MIGHT BE A LOT BETTER THAN THE OTHER GUY WHO WE HAVEN'T SEEN PLAY A DOWN OF CFB SO LET'S TALK ABOUT THE NEW GUY MORE AND WRITE OFF THE "OLD" GUY WHO ALSO HASN'T PLAYED A DOWN OF CFB" effect!

:lol: :lol:

Don't for get that we get to hear what JC has to say to the media tomorrow.I'm sure he will say what CW has told to.So I don't see getting any info from him. I just hope we hear from that his arm is really not hurt like everyone says or thinks.

I still think it will be #7 starting by the 4th game. Why in the heck would the other QB , Frazier, transfer if JC was going to sit? DJ may be the man. I just don't think that JC, all of a sudden, sucks! :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking: Read this article. Weis says " Can he throw it downfield"? We'll have to wait until September 1st. I think he told us right there! http://www.uhnd.com/articles/2007/football/open-practice-offers-little-clues-into-qb-race/

Guest Deimos

/shrug

So. I could tell you I have tickets to the ND and Michigan game, but that doesn't mean that I do. I guess you will have to wait until September 15th to find out!

-MW-