Charlie worried about JC?

Guest SirJohn

well, ya know, russ, quite a few of irish fans have helped this along, IMHO. i mean, i can't get over the amount of people just here on DD are already talking about crist has the higher upside, he'll push JC to start as a freshman, will be the starter by his soph. year, yada, yada, yada! all this when crist hasn't even started his senior year of HIGH SCHOOL! don't get me wrong, i think crist might be the best QB in this upcoming class but let's ease off the hyperbole and predictions for at least a few months, eh?

as i said on the recruiting board, CW will try to bring a top 5 QB EVERY year! that's what USC does, right? in fact, mustain transferred to USC when he has as t least 2 HS AA's ahead of him!

i wish even us irish fans would let JC play a little before we anoint the next guy as the new ND QB... :wink:

Guest Deimos

This is a load of rubbish. Lets think about it for a second. JC would be a Junior when Crist comes in. JC may be ready to leave by then for the pros. What if JC gets injured? What if another QB leaves? Or how about the basic economics of: If Crist is on OUR team, he isn't on the OPPOSING team?

-MW-

Guest irishrick

bi , I AGREE LETS PLAY THE GAME FIRST, ALL OF US ARE EXPERTS IN PICKING A qb RIGHT. :roll: let's JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS , WE START THE PRACTICE IN LESS THAN 72 HOURS. Charlie HAS MY PERMISSION TO GIVE A SCHOLIE TO WHOM EVER HE WANTS, i THINK HE CAN EVALUATE BETTER THAN US. WHAT SAY YOU ? :)

Guest imported_OntarioIrish

Couldn't agree more, Rick & BlackIrish - should probably wait till Jimmy Clausen plays at least a couple series before declaring him a bust; talk about jumping the gun. Yeesh! :roll:

If Clausen doesn't throw for 3000 yards and 25 TDs the general public will call him a bust because of the hype.

well, the general public i can handle! it's the ND fans who are already anointing crist as better than JC, etc. that are driving my a little nuts, to be honest! :?

Guest SirJohn

I think he's OK just watch the freshmen jitters

I think what he means is JC was reportedly wide eyed at the Blue Gold Crowd 51 thousand watching. Freshman nerves if your largest HS crowd was 3,000.

They need to go through the starting jitters. Even Brown said he was shaking in his pants when coach Faust told him you take the kick off.

It's hard to explain but in a way it's like years ago in bowling I had nothing but strikes.

The last frame came up and 20 + lanes of people simply stopped to watch me. The silence so to speak and attention was overwhelming. I was shaking and nervous.

I said to my self "Dear God just no gutter ball" I was shaking.... The ball crossed over but blew em out and i had a 300 sanctioned game and last of the real gold diamond rings awarded by ABC.

That's an account of pressure on someone in any sport.

Guest NDgirl09
JC would be a Junior when Crist comes in. JC may be ready to leave by then for the pros.

-MW-

Won't JC be a sophmore when Crist is a freshman??? Class of 2007 and 2008. Stockpile the talent, and let the best hit the field.

Yeah, JC will be a sophmore when Crist is a Freshman

Let's not forget the most impressive QB from the spring. Demetrious Jones! Say what you will. If Jimmy does redshirt, then it is my opinion that once Jones takes the field. He will not come off unless he is injured, graduates or goes pro. The staff didnt go to WVU for a vacation. If Jimmy is healthy then he will play but if not then look for DJ. It just makes sense if we want to win.

Let's not forget the most impressive QB from the spring. Demetrious Jones! Say what you will. If Jimmy does redshirt, then it is my opinion that once Jones takes the field. He will not come off unless he is injured, graduates or goes pro. The staff didnt go to WVU for a vacation. If Jimmy is healthy then he will play but if not then look for DJ. It just makes sense if we want to win.

True enough, especially if we're winning. The quarterback position is not, should not be a popularity factor. How would we take someone out and replace him with the 'annointed' one if the person being replaced is leading us in the win column?

Don't get me wrong, I like Jimmy. But I love the football program of Notre Dame more. When Jimmy is gone years from now, I will be supporting someone else. I will always keep the winners in my mind for years to come...but my heart will always ask...'who's next?'

Let's not forget the most impressive QB from the spring. Demetrious Jones!

i'm not tying to mix it up here, i'm really not but where did you get the idea that DD was the "most impressive qb" this spring? he had the most impressive play in the spring game but all the available info that we got during spring was that DD struggled with his accuracy ( which we then saw for ourselves in the spring game ) and that JC was making all the throws.

and i'm with you, dreamer, whomever the QB is, i want them to succeed. but i think you make a mistake if you think that people like me are saying JC will start based on "popularity" or anything. i'm basing it on what i've seen and what i've heard from fairly credible sources. the thing that convinces me is the accuracy and the mental aptitude he has shown for CW's playbook. which, btw, are two things that hansen mentioned again in his article yesterday on JC. those two things tell me he's most likely the one.

but if i wrong and it's DD, i will cheer just as loudly and strongly for him.

:wink:

Let's not forget the most impressive QB from the spring. Demetrious Jones!

i'm not tying to mix it up here, i'm really not but where did you get the idea that DD was the "most impressive qb" this spring? he had the most impressive play in the spring game but all the available info that we got during spring was that DD struggled with his accuracy ( which we then saw for ourselves in the spring game ) and that JC was making all the throws.

and i'm with you, dreamer, whomever the QB is, i want them to succeed. but i think you make a mistake if you think that people like me are saying JC will start based on "popularity" or anything. i'm basing it on what i've seen and what i've heard from fairly credible sources. the thing that convinces me is the accuracy and the mental aptitude he has shown for CW's playbook. which, btw, are two things that hansen mentioned again in his article yesterday on JC. those two things tell me he's most likely the one.

Birish I would have to say that I agree with you.DD had the longest run by any QB but, what I read was that JC was making the throws and if he couldn't make the throw he made the smart throw and threw it out of bounds.Which IMO is making a smart play.But, that being said, I will cheer for any of the QB's that start.

BI42...It's all good. I did not mean you or anyone else here at The Domain pick a quarterback one way or another based on popularity. I should have been a bit more specific in saying that I was referring to the press, expert's, analyst's and so forth. The ones who hold court for the general public, ie Lemming, Frank, May, Cook and the rest.

By the way, I like your opinion very much. 8)

BI42...It's all good. I did not mean you or anyone else here at The Domain pick a quarterback one way or another based on popularity. I should have been a bit more specific in saying that I was referring to the press, expert's, analyst's and so forth. The ones who hold court for the general public, ie Lemming, Frank, May, Cook and the rest.

By the way, I like your opinion very much. 8)

i dig, dreamer. sorry for the mis-read of your comment. :)