Arthur Brown

DiegoIrish

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont think we stand much of a chance, but I think he promised Corwin Brown he would visit. That receiver from DC promised to visit Illinois and we all know how that turned out. If Arthur Brown visits, it might be the SC game.

Technically, we're in good stead. But some comments from his camp have me thinking we're not going to land him. Wants to stay light as an OLB (whereas with ND, OLB means you bulk up to the 250 range), has that weird "advisor" figure, stated the three that will be in it to the end are OU, Miami, and USC (no particular order)... our class is going real good right now, but I don't think its enough to swing him our way.

Guest IndyIrish

I read or heard on PH that ND is giving A. Brown a shot at LB or RB, whichever he'd like. MF thinks he'd be the #1 RB in the nation if he wasn't LB.

Wants to stay light as an OLB (whereas with ND, OLB means you bulk up to the 250 range), has that weird "advisor" figure, stated the three that will be in it to the end are OU, Miami, and USC (no particular order)...

i think that ND would move aurthor brown inside and keep him around 230-235 lbs.

Wants to stay light as an OLB (whereas with ND, OLB means you bulk up to the 250 range), has that weird "advisor" figure, stated the three that will be in it to the end are OU, Miami, and USC (no particular order)...

i think that ND would move aurthor brown inside and keep him around 230-235 lbs.

I think the same.

Guest JerseyDomer
not much of a chance here. The scary thing is that as good as he is most people say that his younger brother (class of 09) is even better.

Rock, his younger brother is RB correct? Isn't he the kid who the poodle and urban meyer said is the best rb they've ever seen in high school? His first name skips my head right now.... not a common 1st name-begins the a B I think... I don't know

Guest chuckles1028

anyone notice that every player is suddenly becoming the best in 10 years....clausen....greg oden....reggie bush..that mcknight dude from lousiana...rojo from last year

I know Arthur Browns a very good player, but I don't know why everyone is all over him. He's got like an agent type guy handling his recruitment and the whole thing is kind of wierd. I'd rather have guys like McDonald and Poz. who just want to play football for ND and tear sh*t up. I'm not interested in bowing to this guy and selling out one of our 5th year Sr's schollies so we can get him. I know I'll be the only one saying this, but I don't waste my energy on A. Brown nor am I gonna. We're bringing in the "ND" guys we want that don't have agents.

Anyone know what the deal is with Arthur Browns agent/advisor. There is no need for this at this age.

The guy is the head of a "non-profit" organization, named something silly like Players Inc or whatever. The basic gist of it is, there about a dozen or so student athletes that hooked up with this guy, trying to get noticed on the recruiting scene. So they take their donations, pick and choose the schools they want to visit, and hope for some attention when all is said and done.

From the outside looking in, its Arthur Brown, his brother Bryce, and everyone else is riding their coat tails. Whenever they take their unofficials, they all tour together - kinda strange. This adviser figure is probably why you see such a regimented approach from Arthur Brown and how he's contacting all his coaches.

I got news for ya - while nobody is calling this guy out now (goes by the name of Butler if I'm not mistaken) with the way he's trying to dictate to the schools when Arthur talks to them, and who all goes along when he visits, etc, this entourage crap's gonna end as soon as Arther narrows things down to nut cuttin' (i.e. officials). Sooner or later the coaching staffs are going to tell him that he's the one going to college, not this Butler guy.

And while I can't claim a smoking gun that says something is definitely wrong, something sure don't seem right in this instance. I mean where are the kid's parents in all of this? What about his HS coach? I dunno... I won't throw Arthur under the bus on this one, but if this adviser figure doesn't eventually go away, whatever school he ends up with will probably have some headaches in the future.

Here's an article from Brian Butler... some interesting quotes to take from there...

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/654982.html

Guest cbrostrom325

maybe if we get him, he will be a package deal with his brother!!! :D did he say something like that or am i just dreamin?