no duh!!

foreverirish34

word is that duval kamara is not as good as expected...HE IS BETTER!!! word is he is exploding off of the line and uses his HUGE body to go get the jump ball. also they are saying that zibby is in the best shape he has ever been in, look for him to be a beast this year. sound really good.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this article too and since it is so good, perhaps we can weave in recruiting so it is relevant here and not moved.

I think it importantly speaks to kids coming in ready to play. Even as I saw Kamara's film last year, I thought he was a bit raw (though extremely talented). WR might be the one position where incoming kids could have the most impact, where compared to a lineman they are not at too much of a disadvantage because they haven't been in a big time college strength program for three years.

If Kamara can contribute right away, would take a big burden off this fall and be a nice footprint for say a Floyd for next year.

I know others were talking about Power Hour from yesterday, but later in the show Mike Frank actually said an interesting thing about Reuland. Reuland mentioned in high school he was considered to be a decent blocker, but he never had to face someone as big and strong as Abiamiri, which is what he had to do all the time in practice last year.

That's the one piece (besides being able to take a hit from a DB who can bench 400 pounds) that usually takes more time for a frosh receiver to build up strength and blocking skills. But it sounded less challenging than an incoming TE.

Guest JerseyDomer
This is awesome. I think Kamara could have a huge impact this year. Did they mention how his blocking skills are?

it didn't mention his blockin skills, but his are fine... remember he played in a run based offense in HS so he knows how to block

Guest medvnd

I saw Hughes and Ian Williams at the dining hall yesterday. I heard Svo call Hughes "an absolute brickhouse" on his podcast, and I can now add my testimony to that sentiment: he really must be seen to be believed. My friend remarked that he'll be very wealthy in about five years, hopefully after he's earned a couple of national championship rings and some individual awards.

I've also heard rumblings on campus that Golden Tate has impressed in workouts. We've been longing for a productive speed receiver; he may just be the one we've been looking for.

Ya I agree not the same as a TE.

Well USC doesnt seem to find issues with their Freshman WR's blowing up so hopefully it wont be a shocker when one of our Freshman is all over the place....hey manningham, deshaun jackson from cal and fitzgerald were all terrors as freshman in recent memory

Also a WORLD of difference between a WR needing to block a 185-210 pound DB, and a TE needing to block a 240 pound linebacker, or a 275 pound defensive end.

Here's a recruiting thought for ya. If Grimes plays like a legitimate starter, one of the four from 05 starts to come into their own, and Kamara makes a splash as a freshman, do we still need to take in 3 WR, or would Goodman and Floyd be enough? With the space limitations we're dealing with, and the # of scholarship WR we already have (6 in the past two years alone, 8 overall) it sure would be nice if we weren't obligated by the WR position, so we could open up space at different positions (DB, LB, OL, even DL).

Here's a recruiting thought for ya. If Grimes plays like a legitimate starter, one of the four from 05 starts to come into their own, and Kamara makes a splash as a freshman, do we still need to take in 3 WR, or would Goodman and Floyd be enough? With the space limitations we're dealing with, and the # of scholarship WR we already have (6 in the past two years alone, 8 overall) it sure would be nice if we weren't obligated by the WR position, so we could open up space at different positions (DB, LB, OL, even DL).

I think it would depend on how the stable of receivers as a whole develops. I think we should take 3 to maintain balance if we can pull Floyd and Baldwin to go along with Goodman. If it's Grimes, Hord, Parris, Kamara, and Tate as the primary 5, we would still want to have 2 dependable options out of Gallup and Jackson, not sure if that happens as I've heard Jackson may have "hands" issues. I see the passing game being crucial after this year and Charlie loves to have options to tinker with.