Cubbies

domeanddomer

Hey Stank...maybe I'll be buying the beer after all. Our Cubbies are 8-2 in the last 10 and are currently .506 winning percentage. However, there is a lot of baseball left and the Cubs aren't necessarily known for ending the season on a strong note. We'll have to continue to monitor the situation.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to know who has only had 5 at bats since the Cubs have won 8 of their last 10?

Jacque Jones.

About time! I know Cliff Floyd's defensive prowess in RF is comparable to Carlos Zambrano's "grace" on the base paths, but anyone is a better every day option than Jones. I don't care if Pie is hitting .220, and has to platoon with Pagan. So long as Jaque's bat flipping :censored: stays glued to the bench, I'll be a happy fan (can you tell I'm not a big fan of his?)

You gotta like the way Mike Fontenot has been playing too. Gives us a nice spark plug - its funny to think that he's all the Cubs have to show for trading the once mighty Sammy Sosa :lol: .

Hey Stank...maybe I'll be buying the beer after all. Our Cubbies are 8-2 in the last 10 and are currently .506 winning percentage. However, there is a lot of baseball left and the Cubs aren't necessarily known for ending the season on a strong note. We'll have to continue to monitor the situation.

I thought about posting something after the win against Milwaukee on Sunday but didn't want to jinx things. Hopefully they can keep this up. They are playing really well and I like the dynamic of players on the team. Pinella has a lot of flexibility with quality players which hopefully will make the less susceptible to slumps. Many of the starters have to perform because they have quality backups waiting to take over.

The thing I really like (and I was worried about this when he was hired) is that Pinella seems comfortable playing young players. There is enough talent there and it has certainly helped bring a spark.

I agree Calves, I hope Jones rides pine until some team decides to cough up a reliever for him.

It certainly seems that there is a little momentum on the North side. There a long way from a month and a half ago when all they could do was beat the crap out of each other and show a lack of discipline in general. Soriano got NL player of the month after hitting .336 with 11 ding dong's and 18 RBI's :shock: :shock: Fontenot is hitting .381? Yikes. 5 guys hitting over .300 plus Floyd being just an eyelash under. The closers definitely need some help, but with good pitching they might have a shot at their division.

Guest irishrick

blarney_stank, I AGREE THE CUBS, COULD GO ALL THE WAY, i JUST WISH THE yankees WOULD DO SOMETHING, . THERE IS A RUMOR GOING AROUND THAT LOU, WILL BE THE NEW MGR OF THE YANKS NEXT YEAR AFTER JOE RETIRES, ;;;;;;;;;;;;;; but WAIT THE YANKS ARE STILL IN THE HUNT FOR A WILD CARD, THE RED SOX WILL FAIL AS THEY NORMALLY DO IN AUGUST. SO HANG IN THERE FRIEND IT MIGHT BE A YANKEE VS CUBS IN THE BIG ONE . HA HA JUST DREAMING . :D :D :roll: GO IRISH

blarney_stank, I AGREE THE CUBS, COULD GO ALL THE WAY, i JUST WISH THE yankees WOULD DO SOMETHING, . THERE IS A RUMOR GOING AROUND THAT LOU, WILL BE THE NEW MGR OF THE YANKS NEXT YEAR AFTER JOE RETIRES, ;;;;;;;;;;;;;; but WAIT THE YANKS ARE STILL IN THE HUNT FOR A WILD CARD, THE RED SOX WILL FAIL AS THEY NORMALLY DO IN AUGUST. SO HANG IN THERE FRIEND IT MIGHT BE A YANKEE VS CUBS IN THE BIG ONE . HA HA JUST DREAMING . :D :D :roll: GO IRISH
hey rick, get outta the sun...................

Guest mpstunner11

cubs and notre dame - I am a huge Notre Dame fan (I mean I do go there), but I'm sorry, I would rather see the Cubs win a world series. No question. Knowing that Steve Bartman went to Notre Dame killed me. Why couldn't he have gone to michigan!!

Oooof. I didn't realize Bartman went to ND. Wow. I can't say I'd be able to decide between the two. It would be a hell of a year if the Cubs and ND could both win titles at the same time. I would be whistling zip a dee do da out my hind end if that every happened.

Oooof. I didn't realize Bartman went to ND.

Count me in too... that hurts all over again.

I was still just a wide eyed sophomore in HS when the Bartman incident went down... that game absolutely crushed me. I didn't feel like talking to anyone for 3-4 days after that series. Not as much the Bartman incident, but... well, lets just say I may not have kind things to say if I ever run into SS Anthony Gonzalez.

Guest heismancaliber

I was still just a wide eyed sophomore in HS when the Bartman incident went down... that game absolutely crushed me. I didn't feel like talking to anyone for 3-4 days after that series. Not as much the Bartman incident, but... well, lets just say I may not have kind things to say if I ever run into SS Anthony Gonzalez.

You mean Alex Gonzalez?

You mean Alex Gonzalez?

Wow... I said it right in my head, but wrong through my hands... thats what I get for talking baseball on a predominantly football board.

No doubt I would rather see ND win the NC. Let's not get carried away here. I love the Cubbies...but NOTHING comes before ND Football for me. Honest to God...my wife had to take a 30 question test on ND Football before I would propose to her. She had to get a 90%. After a little studying...she aced it. One of the most emotional moments of my life...her acing that test. :drunk: :drunk:

Guest mpstunner11
No doubt I would rather see ND win the NC. Let's not get carried away here. I love the Cubbies...but NOTHING comes before ND Football for me. Honest to God...my wife had to take a 30 question test on ND Football before I would propose to her. She had to get a 90%. After a little studying...she aced it. One of the most emotional moments of my life...her acing that test. :drunk: :drunk:

You're kidding right?

You're kidding right?

Look at his avatar/wedding picture, I don't think he's kidding.

That is brilliant and priceless. You need to publish that test for others to use.