Butler announcing in July

Guest The Army Awakens

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Army Awakens

That article and I remember seeing a newspaper article as well...

Not stirring the pot just giving info...

I think we are taking 4 receivers though... Unless we take three and go after Logan Heastie next year as another 6'3 4.31 40 guy... Speed!

Anyways do you pass on Butler, Floyd and Baldwin, hell no...

Guest NDisNCin2010
Young/Wenger

Prince/Mullen

Wooden/Abiamiri

Quinn/Ndukwe

don't forget about john ryan and robby parris.

just apoint of clarification the above... i believe all went to high school together which tio me is a more of a package deal than anything....whereas Slaughter and Butler just know each other from the "circuit" down in GA (for lack of a better word)...and now slaughter, like Cave etc will be recruiting his "buddy" to go to ND, so in my view this isnt really a package deal at all rather just two friends, one has committed to a school and is trying to get his buddy to go there.

Guest NDisNCin2010

I think we are taking 4 receivers though... Unless we take three and go after Logan Heastie next year as another 6'3 4.31 40 guy... Speed!

hell no is right...can't pass on ANY of those three WR's (making it a 4WR haul in 2008 (Goodman).

the more i hear on Baldwin (SUPERFREAK) the more i want him more than any of the others...

This is getting to be fever pitched. There's some debate about taking a 6th DL recruit, a 5th LB recruit, a 4th WR recruit... and those don't even take into account the guys we have offered at RB, OL, or DB!

At this point, I have no idea how the rest of this'll shape up. But no matter how it ends, I can safely predict that we will have a very different conclusion to the recruiting season than we had last year. Wow what a difference a year makes.

Guest The Army Awakens

Some possibly huge news out of the camp is that all three Ethan Johnson, Micheal Floyd, and Dan McCarthy will be committing to the Irish sooner rather than later... Some even say by this weekend...

Brandon Newman and Cave discussed the Floyd issue and both thought it would take until january but they never really got into that with him...

So I might just go ahead and say it the landscape at Notre Dame has changed.

IF these guys commit pressure will be put on the remaining five stars to either get on board or get left... Some don't want to get left apparently...

Some possibly huge news out of the camp is that all three Ethan Johnson, Micheal Floyd, and Dan McCarthy will be committing to the Irish sooner rather than later... Some even say by this weekend...

Brandon Newman and Cave discussed the Floyd issue and both thought it would take until january but they never really got into that with him...

IF these guys commit pressure will be put on the remaining five stars to either get on board or get left... Some don't want to get left apparently...

TAA this huge news here.Hopefully CW will line up the guys to commit a day at a time threw the weekend.

That would be awesome. I think we get 2 of the 3 for sure. Floyd is the one guy that I'm not sure he'll commit just yet, but I do think he's Irish in the end.

I'm hearing the same thing from TAA on a different site, goldhelmet.com. So this isn't coming out of his :censored: . Things may not settle down for a while here.

Gotta say I feel pretty sheepish about thinking these summer months would be slow. :oops:

And I'll say it: Mike Frank picked a hell of a time to go on vacation!

Guest NDisNCin2010

Calves:

so true on the Mike Frank comment...my guess is he's in the loop somehow unless he's completely out of pocket/out of communications.

If you talk to Mike, tell him to refer all calls and inquiries over to us here at DD...truth be told, the info on all but Donald last year, and on every single guy this year has been ON THE MONEY-and about 12-24 hours BEFORE Mike and the boys announce it. That's why DD is the best.

Exactly, if ND can get Butler, Floyd and Baldwin you don't turn any of them away what you do is officially pass on taking a RB out of the '08 recruiting class.

BTW I was told a while back that ND would most likely take 23 in this class but that if they could get top talent and that they weren't settling on plan b talent that they could most likely get the class to 26 with expected transfers and whatnot.

Man, this class is gonna bring that nasty that Charlie Weis was talking about during his introductory press conference...

I remember looking for news on Dayne Crist a while ago, and I stumbled onto LSU boards, it seems a lot of them are worried about our current class, I quote "Damn, their 2008 is shaping up to be a monster"

Calves:

so true on the Mike Frank comment...my guess is he's in the loop somehow unless he's completely out of pocket/out of communications.

If you talk to Mike, tell him to refer all calls and inquiries over to us here at DD...truth be told, the info on all but Donald last year, and on every single guy this year has been ON THE MONEY-and about 12-24 hours BEFORE Mike and the boys announce it. That's why DD is the best.

We definitely missed on that WR from DC and we kinda whiffed on Tez too. But one thing is for certain. Our guys on here kick :censored: For an "inexact" science, the folks here end up being pretty exact.

Guest SirJohn
Calves:

If you talk to Mike, tell him to refer all calls and inquiries over to us here at DD...truth be told, the info on all but Donald last year, and on every single guy this year has been ON THE MONEY-and about 12-24 hours BEFORE Mike and the boys announce it. That's why DD is the best.[/quote

Thanks NDscin kinda true we beat EVERYBODY today :lol: ]

BTW I was told a while back that ND would most likely take 23 in this class but that if they could get top talent and that they weren't settling on plan b talent that they could most likely get the class to 26 with expected transfers and whatnot.

Also, as someone mentioned - early entries can count toward last year's class allowing for more in this class if they are top-tier guys.

if butler commits then baldwin, what happens do we take 4 wr's?

i wouldn't mind brining in four WRs, specially if those four were goodman, butler, floyd and baldwin. IMO the only top flight WR ND has on the team is kamara, we need to stock the selfs back up.

Yes on all points Russ...for me at least. I especially have felt all along that Duval Kamara would be our dark horse on offense...along with Robert Hughes.

Yes, four wide outs would be nice. We have the QB's...lets take full advantage of this. Let the future prospects see this too. If we can produce on the field...send more than a couple of these kids on to the NFL...then they will come.

Guest The Army Awakens

It all really depends on who that last guy is...

Scenario A

If Butler, then Baldwin commit, we absolutely take four, we will not turn down Floyd...

And it seems unlikely unless Floyd jumps on now then Baldwin I believe will still get taken either...

I'd take no running back next year and go after Bryce Brown, DJ Banks, Eddie Lacy, and Antonio Brown. Get your four wide receivers next year and take just one maybe two depending on who the two are next year.