Butler announcing in July

Guest The Army Awakens

Guest The Army Awakens

Brice Butler will be announcing his decision in July... In an article it stated by both individuals that they would like to go to school together...

This connection is bigger than the EJ Manuel, Deion Walker situation... They actually have hung out and played against each other at camps and a game...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if butler commits then baldwin, what happens do we take 4 wr's?

i wouldn't mind brining in four WRs, specially if those four were goodman, butler, floyd and baldwin. IMO the only top flight WR ND has on the team is kamara, we need to stock the selfs back up.

Package deals NEVER work. Hell Robert Hughes and Tez were like best friends, that didn't happen. A kid is gonna go where he wants and if his friend is committed to a school he is considering it's just icing on the cake, but usually plays no part in a kids decision.

cant say that. it plays a part, just may not affect the end result. fauria admitted that he wasnt going to go where crist went just b/c of that, but that he looked that schools that both of them were offered by. robert hughes was all illini til corwin brown came and darius left. if we had CB from the get-go then Tez would've been Irish. Dublin's Stoneburner & Mike Adams both went tOSU. ND Sherman Oaks' Crist & McDonald both came to ND. It all depends on the kid for sure, but you cant say that it doesnt play a part. A kid might look at a school a little bit more because of his buddy. We'll look at Shayne Hale too, if he chooses Michigan after his buddy gets an offer and accepts then there's another package deal. I totally agree that it may not affect the end result, but it does play a part in the process

if butler commits then baldwin, what happens do we take 4 wr's?

i wouldn't mind brining in four WRs, specially if those four were goodman, butler, floyd and baldwin. IMO the only top flight WR ND has on the team is kamara, we need to stock the selfs back up.

I totally agree, and OLeary said we could offer as many as 25 (not likely), but we have enough room. But if we get top flight talent now with kids who are goign to play right away then we're almost certain to get a few transfers.

Package deals NEVER work. Hell Robert Hughes and Tez were like best friends, that didn't happen. A kid is gonna go where he wants and if his friend is committed to a school he is considering it's just icing on the cake, but usually plays no part in a kids decision.

I hear what you are saying Knight but there are a TON of package deals that followed through on that.

Guest NDisNCin2010
TAA stirring the pot once again...

Gotta love Army...he gets my vote for DD Poster of the Week.

keep em comin...tell the Shark the bullpen aint such a bad place if you have 5 solid starters.

Guest ctsubalum

TAA isn't stirring the pot. JS himself said that he was working on Butler and that the 2 of them would like to go to school together. That would be freakin sweet. Floyd, butler, goodman, Baldwin wow! Jamoris, McCarthy, Blanton...Hafis, Hunter, Cwynar, Newman EJ....Dflem, Amac, Poz, Filer, Hale??....Rudolph, Fauria...this is unreal!

sometimes they don't work out, other times they do, whether they are advertised as package deals or not, having a teammate go to a place helps your decision a lot of times:

Young/Wenger

Prince/Mullen

Wooden/Abiamiri

Quinn/Ndukwe

Guest SirJohn

poster of the week is a good Idea... I'll run that by the boss Ryan. :lol:

Similar to Dean Martins roasts of the man of the hour. :lol:

TAA isn't stirring the pot. JS himself said that he was working on Butler and that the 2 of them would like to go to school together. That would be freakin sweet. Floyd, butler, goodman, Baldwin wow! Jamoris, McCarthy, Blanton...Hafis, Hunter, Cwynar, Newman EJ....Dflem, Amac, Poz, Filer, Hale??....Rudolph, Fauria...this is unreal!

he didnt say JS though.

Young/Wenger

Prince/Mullen

Wooden/Abiamiri

Quinn/Ndukwe

don't forget about john ryan and robby parris.

yup, plenty of examples where teammates went to different schools too but just saying. and i realize this particular example isn't high school teammates, just friends.

russ, i miss the stovall avatar. he's sweet and is going to dominate in TB if they can get plummer to play QB.