Shayne Hale, LB

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 Star (Rivals) LB Shayne Hale will be visiting Notre Dame on June 26th. Big, unexpected news. We'll see.

Very unexpected. Is this Hale's first visit to ND? He definitely fits the bill of the DE/OLB that we're looking for.

Even though it is a pleasant surprise, I'm still staying pretty cautious. Only way we get him is if we blow him out of the water BIGTIME on this visit.

Most people "in the know" (so take it FWIWI) are saying its Michigan and OSU that occupy the top spots on this one, and pretty solidly. If he starts singing like a songbird about Corwin Brown and the 3-4 OLB spot, then we've got a shot. Until then, I'm staying back on this one.

Even though it is a pleasant surprise, I'm still staying pretty cautious. Only way we get him is if we blow him out of the water BIGTIME on this visit.

Most people "in the know" (so take it FWIWI) are saying its Michigan and OSU that occupy the top spots on this one, and pretty solidly. If he starts singing like a songbird about Corwin Brown and the 3-4 OLB spot, then we've got a shot. Until then, I'm staying back on this one.

Ya, I agree with your caution. This visit is a great surprise, but we shouldn't get our hopes up until we see a report on how it went. If this is Hale's first visit (and I think it is), I think we have a good chance to impress him.

LETS GO CORWIN!!

I think Shayne was at the PSU ND game last year as a junior. So this isn't his first time on campus.

Oh, ok. It's good that he's already been there on gameday, but I'm sure he didn't get any attention from coaches, players, etc. when he was there.

Hale is the ideal 3-4 OLB, the size and speed he has already is insane. It's way to early to say ND doesn't have a chance, they may have more work to do that tOSU or UM.

ND would also be ideal as well Hale IMO. At ND with the 3-4 and more or less give him the freedom to just go after the QB all the time.

Guest NDisNCin2010

great news...i remember reading info on hale where he said he wanted to play with the best...(although amybe it was a brown)...well we got pretty sick D line shaping up so far...maybe can we get that other Pennsy guy Montana back on campus on the 25th and arrange a chance meeting in the Hammes ND bookstore?

• 2 weeks later...