So, I was in South Bend today

Rockne3d

If it sounds like I'm bragging, I probably am.

I took my father with me to South Bend today and we made some time to go to the bookstore. It was dead. It turns out that along with the sales people, my father and I were the only ones in the bookstore---and one

Joe Montana. Yes, I met Joe freakin Montana today. Unbelievable. The only people in the Notre Dame bookstore: me, my father and Joe Montana with his 2 sons. Montana is my all time favorite ND player. I have always been #3 my whole life because of him. What an unbelievable day. I'm still having a hard time believing it. I've never been one to be quiet but it is amazing how speechless you feel when you meet your favorite player. And I got to meet him with my father. Priceless.

To get back to the recruiting aspect. His 2 sons were with him and they are both being spoken about as pretty good QB prospects. The one is considerably taller than the other, I think he is the older one but not sure on that. The other one is about his father's height. I'm assuming that they were in town for a camp but who knows.

I had to pass this on.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:shock: I just dribbled a little bit. Your drawers must be a mess right about now.

Was Joe walking around or does he float? Remember about 10 years ago when addidas ran those great ND Football commercials and Joe was walking around campus with the old priest? Classic. "What did you ever end up doing after college?" Well...here you go to relive it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dPt5LHg6Dw

Rock,

You weren't the only one in the bookstore. There is a lady and guy I work with who were in South Bend on business. I told them to go by campus and check things out. It was a first trip for both. The lady calls me when they get to the bookstore and calls back 5 minutes later telling me Joe and family were in there too. I guess when she was there, it was his whole family, not just he and his sons. I tried to get her to get an autograph but she didn't want to interrupt his personal time. She did say she was going to try and get a pic. If she did, I will post it here for everyone.

What a small fricking world.

stank, great story. We were the only ones in the men's clothing section which is where he was with his boys. There were a few scattered in the other sections. Joe and the boys later went upstairs to shop. There was a blond woman in a black dress that I assumed was his wife.

We spoke to him for a minute. nice guy, as were his boys, but it did appear that he wanted to be left alone. can't blame him.l

Guest ctsubalum

Rock, did you happen to tell Joe that I love him? In a good, heterosexual way...not that there is anything wrong with....well back on track, did you tell Joe I love him? lol

Guest mbradle3

that's awesome... i hope joe montana sticks around to convince some of the high profile prospects in this weekend to chose the blue and gold.

Guest NDisNCin2010

Domer and Mirage...great links to those commercials...love when Montana is painting the helmets in the third one.

Guest SirJohn

Rock want you to notice this should have been moved from recruting to general or open but we all loved your fun and it stayed :D

Rock want you to notice this should have been moved from recruting to general or open but we all loved your fun and it stayed :D

Thanks guys. It really was cool.

SJ, thanks for the kind words. Now I was thinking ahead when I wrote this so be sure to notice the recruiting comments in regard to his kids who are QB's who are expected to be highly recruited. I covered the recruiting aspect. (some may call it covering my ass)