Omar Hunter is Irish!

IrishCalves

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ndmike2003

Why couldn't we recruit DTs like this when we ran a 4-3!? Can you imagine Hunter and Newman plugging up holes on the d-line! Something to think about. Alternatively, the ability to rotate these guys in and keep them fresh is equally enticing. Huge get. I'd love to have seen the reaction on Man-Boobs' face when he got the word that a lifelong Wolverine fan picked ND in large part to a UM alum!

Go Irish

More important than standard rankings - which typically have an inherent 4-3 mindset behind them - he's a perfect fit for our scheme. Both he and Newman are 6'1", 295-300 pounds, and are extremely hard to move. They can easily get leverage, and they both have good motors. Newman looks more like a run stuffer, but Hunter plays with a mean streak - looks like a slightly better prospect than Newman from the game tape. The offer list is impressive too (Tennessee, LSU, Michigan, Auburn, to name a few), so this is a great get for our defense, specifically.

I don't know how CB and CW do it, but man are they good. This is a great pick-up for the irish...let's keep them coming.

agreed, CB was questioned by some including myself when he was hired, and it still remains to be seen what happens with the D (although I have little doubt that it won't drastically improve this year, and be sick in a few years) but he is one hell of a recruiter. I remember that being one of the main points about him from his UVA days and it has certainly shown to be true, he can recruit!

I don't know how CB and CW do it, but man are they good. This is a great pick-up for the irish...let's keep them coming.

agreed, CB was questioned by some including myself when he was hired, and it still remains to be seen what happens with the D (although I have little doubt that it won't drastically improve this year, and be sick in a few years) but he is one hell of a recruiter. I remember that being one of the main points about him from his UVA days and it has certainly shown to be true, he can recruit!

Man would love to see CB work with these kids...he has basically just walked into one of our houses and convinced us to play football at USC and not ND. How in the world do you convince a life-long Meatchicken fan to play football at ND...incredible.