Notre Dame has the nations toughest schedule

irish21

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pete
There's no question the Irish have the toughest schedule of all 21 non-BCS conference teams that played in bowl games last year

Not nation, just non-BCS

Its all BS anywy. Before the season, the media says our grueling schedule will prevent us from doing anything.

After the season, the same people will say we didnt play anyone.

lol

you speak much truth, my brotha!....MUCH TRUTH!

The only teams in the SEC with tough schedules are the crappy teams.

Its only when you figure in the title game where the top teams schedules become solid. And even then, its a system designed to create a SEC team that competes for the NC every year.

The only thing that prevents them from going every year is when the underdog that wasn't supposed win beats the chosen team.

Its only when you figure in the title game where the top teams schedules become solid. And even then, its a system designed to create a SEC team that competes for the NC every year.

The only thing that prevents them from going every year is when the underdog that wasn't supposed win beats the chosen team.

I have no idea where you're getting this from. In the nine NC games where the BCS has been involved, three SEC teams have gone. This is a breakdown of the other conferences:

ACC - 3

Big East - 3

Big 10 - 2

Big 12 - 5

Pac 10 - 2

If anything, the #'s point to a Big 12 bias, with Nebraska, Texas, and OU all getting a title game nod at one point or another.

So, unless you can back up your statement, by pointing out the 6 "chosen" teams that were upset in the years they weren't invited to the BCS title game - especially since you say it is the "only" reason we don't see an SEC team every year - I think your argument has a ton of holes in it.

You're probably thinking of LSU over USC in 03-04, and Florida over Michigan last year. But the SEC team won both of those games, so its a little difficult to point at them and say the selection process was rigged for an unworthy team.

And lets not forget when Auburn squawked about being passed over in favor of Oklahoma in the 04-05 season, despite going undefeated during the regular season. There wasn't any "system fix" to back them up there.

I have no idea where you're getting this from. In the nine NC games where the BCS has been involved, three SEC teams have gone. This is a breakdown of the other conferences:

ACC - 3

Big East - 3

Big 10 - 2

Big 12 - 5

Pac 10 - 2

If anything, the #'s point to a Big 12 bias, with Nebraska, Texas, and OU all getting a title game nod at one point or another.

So, unless you can back up your statement, by pointing out the 6 "chosen" teams that were upset in the years they weren't invited to the BCS title game - especially since you say it is the "only" reason we don't see an SEC team every year - I think your argument has a ton of holes in it.

You're probably thinking of LSU over USC in 03-04, and Florida over Michigan last year. But the SEC team won both of those games, so its a little difficult to point at them and say the selection process was rigged for an unworthy team.

And lets not forget when Auburn squawked about being passed over in favor of Oklahoma in the 04-05 season, despite going undefeated during the regular season. There wasn't any "system fix" to back them up there.

So football started with the BCS?

Guest heismancaliber

What a surprise, Ray Herring being owned in yet another football argument, huge shock.

Seems like it happens right on schedule

1. Ray posts something outrageous and factually inaccurate

2. a poster corrects Ray's post and offers the opposite opinion

3. Ray makes catty post at previously mentioned poster

So football started with the BCS?

No, but your assertion seems to. Unless the "system" entails all of college football, and some massive inherent scheme that appears to be failing at it's task.

The schedule is very conducive to creating a national championship contender. Even though the results have not always been there, doesn't mean that the effort has not been made.

As an example of a schedule not conducive to a NC, you only have to look at our own. It is fundamentally different in every way to those in the Big 10 or SEC.

Only the PAC-10 schedules are ones that I would consider "fair".

Guest irishrick

i really don't think that the Irish schedule is the toughest, . sure we play a few tough ones but we do have a few so so games. what say you

?

What a surprise, Ray Herring being owned in yet another football argument, huge shock.

I just want to ask one very important question. Who the heck are you? I don't recall ever conversing with you.

And for calling out someone for being catty I would say that your post sounds very much like a bitter ex-girlfriend.

Guest heismancaliber

I just want to ask one very important question. Who the heck are you? I don't recall ever conversing with you.

And for calling out someone for being catty I would say that your post sounds very much like a bitter ex-girlfriend.

another catty response, what a surprise

another catty response, what a surprise

Sorry baby, she meant nothing to me.