its just a rumor

Guest irishrick

Guest irishrick

I hear Demetrius Jones might transfer to UT , this came from another site. i think its just a rumor, but if thats what he wants so be it, Personally i think he would be making a big mistake, will have tosit a year, he dosen't even know if he has been selected to the qb two of charlie, as far as iam concerned he can go or stay. its his choice. :roll:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest irishrick

your right , scotty , i think it was Irish envy or something like that. also from a fan from Knoxville ,Tn, had a comment on it that it was just a rumor .UT is Tennessee, i doubt that he will transfer,but thats his choice. , Remember Mitch mustain wanted Notre Dame, But Charlie said no. Now it seems that he will get to play in the stadium after all, as he is sitting out a year at USC., this will be a game as he will be out to throw Charlie a dog bone. , ha ha , we will be ready for him . go Irish :)

Guest greatness

not just a rumor but more of a formality. DD will be gone by sept. He was convinced to stay through the summer and give fall training camp a chance. DD position is that if he is not the starting qb, then he will leave and go to Tenn where Cutcliffe is the qb coach and OC. IMO he will get more of a chance to be the starter at QB( his dream position) there, then he will ever get at ND>

not just a rumor but more of a formality. DD will be gone by sept. He was convinced to stay through the summer and give fall training camp a chance. DD position is that if he is not the starting qb, then he will leave and go to Tenn where Cutcliffe is the qb coach and OC. IMO he will get more of a chance to be the starter at QB( his dream position) there, then he will ever get at ND>

Wow, dude

I hope that is a load of crap! That is really a sad sad deal. i hope he stays at ND.

Welcome to DomerDomain Greatness......I hope you are full of shit bro.

I have my reservations about it being a forgone conclusion, but it would make sense compared to other schools. Ainge graduates after this year, and the Cutcliffe angle would make sense as well.

Personally, I've always felt that if Jones wasn't in the top 2, he'd be the most likely to transfer out of all the QBs. Not to knock a guy whatsoever, but I have the feeling - based on most of his comments - that playing time is the #1 priority for him - and at no other position than QB. And I can't knock him for that kind of thinking either. We'll see how it all shakes out though - we'll probably have some more answers come May 30th.

You guys are Killing me...

All i can picture is DD kicking some serious ass as a part of ND football.

It just seams like ever since "roachgate" Everybody is ready to dump DD?????

Are you guys serious? Really, i sure hope not, Im not saying he should get a free pass for being a dipshit but man.. he is ready to transfer?

say it aint so

You guys are Killing me...

All i can picture is DD kicking some serious ass as a part of ND football.

It just seams like ever since "roachgate" Everybody is ready to dump DD?????

Are you guys serious? Really, i sure hope not, Im not saying he should get a free pass for being a dipshit but man.. he is ready to transfer?

say it aint so

i don't think this really has much to do with "roachgate" at all, to be honest. i mean, again, does anyone really think that there will be no transfers among 4 qb's? come on, let's not be naive here. and the things we've heard and seen (such as the spring game) indicate that DD has struggled with his accuracy. now, what thing does weis harp on more than anything to his qb's? accuracy. he was on quinn about it since day one. so, it seems logical to conclude that DD is *likely* not to be on of the "two" so, it does not seem a stretch then to assume that he might look to go elsewhere to get PT. same with frazer if he's not one of the "two."

now, i will certainly concede that i could be wrong...

I am going to say it now before it happens, DD is a good QB but I think he gets way too much credit on the board. He brings a lot of athleticism to the position and provides Charlie with a way to try some new things but he is not the best QB on the squad, maybe the most athetic but not best all around QB. If you go back and look at practice reports, pocket presence, accuracy, and decision making, are all questioned at one point in time or another.

I admire his desire and the leadership he tries to bring but if this happens, I won't be surprised one bit. If I had his talent, I would have to seriously consider transferring as well if he doesn't make the top 2. Of course, this is all a bit premature because he may be in the top 2 but I don't think it end up that way. I think it's Clausen and Sharpley and that may be too much to overcome it true.

I agree Clausen and Sharpley could be 1 and 2. Not sure on Zack and Demi, always thought it was interesting D was tied to Charlie's hip on the sideline. I could see Evan getting the potential nod w/ being in the system longer. I just can't see Jimmy on the bench long. How transfers work out will be interesting, not necessarily a huge situation w/ Christ coming in as well. QB situation definitely got a sitr this week, right before the big update.

Guest Hejduk23

Here is the one thing I noticed in the B&G game. Clausen was pressured the entire game as was DD. While DD has tremendous athletic ability and can create things with his feet. He can make a nice throw one play but is eratic. I think that is the book on him in practice as well. His interception was a horrible throw about 3 feet out of the reach of his receiver that sailed right to Bruton. Result...TD defense. Now, while Jimmy did not out run the defense for a nice 30+ yard gain like DD, he made fantastic decisions with the ball throwing them out of bounds when in trouble. Thus living to throw another down. I had my answer right there. JC showed maturity beyond his years and DD made questionable decisions leading to defensive points. We use to call guys like DD "eraser players". Those guys that make unbelievable plays one minute only to erase them shortly thereafter with a bad decision. While Jimmy might not give us Michael Vick-like moments where we shake our head in awe. He looks to be able to move us methodically downfield like Payton or T. Brady. That's what Charlie likes. Can he learn the offense fast enough...I guess we'll see.

Here is the one thing I noticed in the B&G game. Clausen was pressured the entire game as was DD. While DD has tremendous athletic ability and can create things with his feet. He can make a nice throw one play but is eratic. I think that is the book on him in practice as well. His interception was a horrible throw about 3 feet out of the reach of his receiver that sailed right to Bruton. Result...TD defense. Now, while Jimmy did not out run the defense for a nice 30+ yard gain like DD, he made fantastic decisions with the ball throwing them out of bounds when in trouble. Thus living to throw another down. I had my answer right there. JC showed maturity beyond his years and DD made questionable decisions leading to defensive points. We use to call guys like DD "eraser players". Those guys that make unbelievable plays one minute only to erase them shortly thereafter with a bad decision. While Jimmy might not give us Michael Vick-like moments where we shake our head in awe. He looks to be able to move us methodically downfield like Payton or T. Brady. That's what Charlie likes. Can he learn the offense fast enough...I guess we'll see.

Very well thought out, I like it. Of all the QB's, the most inconsistency I've heard from comes from Jones. Frazer and Sharpley seemed to have issues in some departments, but not as many as Jones, from what I've heard.

I find it hard to believe that Weis would pick a guy on potential in this instance. He's not in a position to gamble on what a guy could be, particularly at QB. He's going to pick the two that are most ready to run his offense, efficiently play in and play out.

Guest irishrick

good term , however i think that Jones will be at Notre Dame for a while. i think that he has enough talent to stay and play SOME, if he goes elsewhere he will always be remembered that he wasn't good enough to play at Notre Dame . what say you ? :)

Guest greatness

Nah, if he decides to leave he will leave thinking that he did not get a fair shot at ND, and if he lights it up elsewhere, everyone else will think the same and alot of eyebrows will be raised.... Especially if JC ain't all that.