Crist named to elite 11

irish21

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest heismancaliber
three straight years of having a QB recruite attending the elite 11.

I dont think Clausen attended elite 11 last year did he?

Guest SirJohn

I hate bringing this up cause by 50% of membership I am a Clausen hater :lol: I just favor another guy. Seems he will get the nod so great. But I did see a post in another site with a question. Jimmy was domment in his HS. It also asked has he ever taken a hit?

We know Brady got smacked many times and bounced back. So whoever is whoever but I am glad for 4 QB's. There's no assurance one of these can just jump up from a crush to signal call again.

There may be something to it. Clausen weighed in at 207. Quinn had at least 20 pounds on that weight last year, which probably helped him absorb the beatings he took. Clausen looks very apt at throwing the ball away, but if he doesn't add much weight, its going to be a fair point of concern.

Clausen will evolve and get better. Truth is like SJ said, none of them have taken a hit yet esp at the college level. Wouldnt be surprised if DD was named back up with a few sets for the option esp with the ground/pound attitude we're going to have this year. it's still up in the air though, so who knows.

Guest shark83

I dont think Clausen attended elite 11 last year did he?

Correct. He elected not to attend an Elite 11 qualifying camp, which you have to attend if you want to be picked for the Elite 11. A year before, he was invited as a junior, which they only inivite 1 junior to participate with the 11 senior QB's. It was bascially to allow someone else to go and have a shot.

Guest SirJohn

I just mean the guys/membership/media think one will transfer, I am not sure.

We have this basiclly inexperienced O Line protecting the QB, everybody is young. It's remarkable Brady lasted 4 years till the injury near the end. We will need depth at QB.............Baaaad, we can't asume our starter stays healthy. I think in that post the guy stated only Zach got hit a bunch due to receivers graduating, and he broke an ankle.

BIG Mistake in the L.A. Daily News, sports section this morning. In discussing the selection of Crist to the Elite 11...they mentioned him as a USC commit. Big Mistake, yes??? I cannot find the link to attatch here...its in the paper.