What's the latest with Danny McCarthy?

Guest AtlantaIrish

Guest AtlantaIrish

Anybody heard anything lately?

I've heard it was going to be a battle between us and Ohio State but I haven't heard any news on him...the kid sounds like a player and could become a really good safety on the collegiate level.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i'd actually be surprised if mccarthy didn't go to ND. His oldest brother was in my class, kyle's there now, he has an offer to go for free too. The only interesting point is if he doesn't want to compete with his bro for playing time. I can understand that.

Guest gallup21

urgh, im not sure if ive ever done this before :lol: , but i agree w/Chiro. I just dont get the feeling he likes ND as much as an ND recruit would

Guest gallup21

and when i say this its COMPLETE speculation so dont bet a dime on this. I just dont think hes going to ND and i dont want people to be dissapointed if/when he doesnt commit

IMO, Dan will not go to Notre Dame simply because he'll get left out. I don't see CW taking two Safeties with our current depth. Slaughter will be the 1st DB to commit. Dan will be left out. These kids are going to have to start making their minds up earlier. It's appearant that's the way CW and CB are handling recruiting. If your looking, we're looking.

Lets not write off this possibility: we bring in J. Brown and R. Blanton at CB, with Slaughter being given a "wait and see" approach with the Irish. Blanton has played corner in HS, as has Brown. Slaughter is a true HS safety. Point being, while he's being recruited at corner today, he may end up being labeled a "DB" rather than one or the other, kind of like how Leonard Gordon was recruited 2 years back.

But, that scenario would probably be contingent on the Irish not landing McCarthy.

Guest scooper
Lets not write off this possibility: we bring in J. Brown and R. Blanton at CB, with Slaughter being given a "wait and see" approach with the Irish. Blanton has played corner in HS, as has Brown. Slaughter is a true HS safety. Point being, while he's being recruited at corner today, he may end up being labeled a "DB" rather than one or the other, kind of like how Leonard Gordon was recruited 2 years back.

But, that scenario would probably be contingent on the Irish not landing McCarthy.

I can't see any current offer being given an "wait and see" approach. This isn't Florida. If you have an offer, you have every opportunity to accept it until your position is filled.

That doesn't mean spots can't be held for a few guys at the end, but if those go unfilled, I doubt they get used this year at all.

ND won't ever pull scholarships on and off the table based on other commits. That's just a heartless way to do it. It's...shall we say, Urbanesque?

Guest heismancaliber
First come first serve, Blake Ayles is an example of that this year.

I wouldn't be too happy about it, Ayles is way better than Fauria and we probably just hand delivered him to SC because of the policy.