Andrew Sweat

Guest NDisNCin2010

Guest NDisNCin2010

heard that when he visited O$U (weekend of our Blue-Gold Game-not a good sign for us, i know) that he was ready to commit to them that weekend, but became disenchanted during the course of the visit. told that he loves the coaches, but was put off by the arrogance, cockiness of the O$U players he met on the trip. in short he didnt bond w/ them like he thought he would.

doesnt mean he wont go there but i think it is a story insofar as the kid was going to commit, but did not, so perhaps there's a chance for us?

my gut says he ultimately ends up at PSU, especially after hearing about his experience in Columbus.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with what we already have at LB and what is still strongly on our radar, I have to say that Beal and Sweat are not tops on my list of remaining LB's. That being said, I would be happy to land both but I prefer Filer and Sabino.

Id say NDs radar goes like this:

1. - Arthur Brown - #1 LB in the nation, if he commits we keep him

2. - Steve Filer - #1 LB in the midwest, big get esp for Chicago connects

3. - Etienne Sabino - one of the best LBs outa Florida who wants to get outa Florida. Any pipeline that starts in Florida is huge for the Irish

4. - Shayne Hale - one of the best LBs on the East Coast

5. - Brendan Beal - best LB in NJ, interested in other schools right now more than us, so I'm not really worried about him. Hasnt taken any officials and lists Florida and USC as High Interest.

Id say NDs radar goes like this:

1. - Arthur Brown - #1 LB in the nation, if he commits we keep him

2. - Steve Filer - #1 LB in the midwest, big get esp for Chicago connects

3. - Etienne Sabino - one of the best LBs outa Florida who wants to get outa Florida. Any pipeline that starts in Florida is huge for the Irish

5. - Brendan Beal - best LB in NJ, interested in other schools right now more than us, so I'm not really worried about him. Hasnt taken any officials and lists Florida and USC as High Interest.

Nicely done Zig

i'd replace shayne hale with mike zordich. after watching film of both i'd say the zordich looks to be the better prospect. zordich is a fast, aggressive tackling machine and plays the LB real well. the one thing i noticed about hale was he doesn't play as fast as his 4.5 speed, he just seemed a bit slow on the field. IMO i think mike zordich is a much better player at this time.

with what we already have at LB and what is still strongly on our radar, I have to say that Beal and Sweat are not tops on my list of remaining LB's. That being said, I would be happy to land both but I prefer Filer and Sabino.

Couldn't agree more Rock. Filer is, well Filer...our #1 LB prospect since this class started, and after watching Sabino's films a while back, he immediately became my #1 OLB prospect. Did you see over on II where psoter said he's definitely looking at us hard?

i'd replace shayne hale with mike zordich. after watching film of both i'd say the zordich looks to be the better prospect. zordich is a fast, aggressive tackling machine and plays the LB real well. the one thing i noticed about hale was he doesn't play as fast as his 4.5 speed, he just seemed a bit slow on the field. IMO i think mike zordich is a much better player at this time.

I don't know what film of his you've seen but the kid can flat out fly and IMO the 2nd best LB in the class ony behind Arthur Brown.

Yeah I agree. Unfortunately he'll probably end up at OSU or PSU, he was on our radar earlier this year.

I agree, Sabino and Filer are probably my top two as well. Although I don't have a weird feeling about Filer, he's no lock. I thought he would commit earlier, but that's not the case so we'll definitely have to continue to keep in touch with him and finish up the linebackers by getting him, although I'm not saying there's not room for two more LBs. :D

Guest NDisNCin2010

Filer, i fear, is gonna be the Chris Donald of the 2008 class...hope not but thats the vibe I'm getting with him.

Not really feeling the comparison, considering we're already close to home for him, but I kind of see what you're saying.

Call me crazy, but I think I remember reading somewhere that he's looking for a good bio-engineering, or medical-engineering program? I'm pretty sure people are going to think I'm making that up, but does ANYONE have a clue of what I'm talking about? Maybe it was on Irish Envy...

Okay, I found the quote from the Irish Envy thread on Filer, page 8.

"He wants to study mechanical or electrical engineering."

I don't know how significant the education angle will be for him, but I can tell you for sure that Illinois has one of the top engineering programs in the nation.

I guess that's why I'm feeling a little funky about ND's odds with him, especially since Posluszny came in at the same position Filer is being recruited at ("Jack" LB).

Maybe that's why we're hearing more about Sabino, and less about Filer. Pure speculation on that part though.

The Big ten is all good in engineering, but I think I saw that Southern Cal had the top engineering program in the country. I don't know why I feel the way I do about Filer, I guess it was back a couple of months when he was going to commit, but didn't. I have no source, just a feeling.

The Big ten is all good in engineering, but I think I saw that Southern Cal had the top engineering program in the country.

I don't know where you saw that either. I don't have it in front of me but i'd have to guess that MIT is probably #1 in engineering. I'd be surprised if So. Cal was top 10.....fighton, if you care to enlighten me...