Notre Dame High School

Guest gallup21

Guest gallup21

is having 3 games from what ive heard televised...1 on ESPN 3rd week and 2 on FSN pacific ...any of you Cali guys, GO TO THE GAMES! haha...my mom wont let me fly 3000 miles to see a game, so somebody needs to bring back reports.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gallup21

Crist wants to wear 10 at ND and said he talked w/Brady whose fine with it. McDonald wants a current players #, not very usual for a LB. Try 9!

I love watching future Irish players in action. This year I stayed up until like 1 am watching Jimmy and Oaks Christian destroy St. Bonaventure. Definately going to watch the ESPN game. Might have to go to my buddies house to watch the FSN games because he has DirecTV.

Guest NDLawJAG
I am hoping to attend a couple. It's down the 101 from my alma mater. Only 59 miles away from my home. Work permitting.

Nice dedication.... 59 miles could be like three hours, traffick permitting.

I might try to catch one of those games....might be worth the drive.

St. Bonnie is looking for payback on Oaks Christian this year, they got Darrell Scott and Oaks lost a lot of guys but will still be super good.

St. Bonnie is definitely going to be nice this year, Darrell's backup will be highly recruited next year. Vaughn Dotsy is a tank. Oaks lost a ton of players. Yeah Forever, if you make it down the coast shoot me a PM, definitely making the circuit this fall....Ventura to Sherman Oaks.

Diego, can I ask if your review is 1st, 2nd, or 3rd hand opinion? Not being picky or accusatory at all, just curious.

I wondered about him too early on, but I saw his picture...

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Camper/PHOTO/VAUGHNDOTSYNIKE200.JPG

... and compared it to another's...

http://www.blueandgold.com/images/photos/image/players/recruits/stewart_chris/stewart_chris_bench260x275.jpg

... and realized he might be more of a project than this staff wants right now, and would explain the lack of offers.

I understand that it is still very early, but Clelland and Golic are both sitting at about 265 pounds, so there might be two guys who need to "bulk up" before they see the field. As for the comparable big guys, Stewart needed to drop close to 50 lbs from his HS weight, just to have sufficient stamina. Not to say Dotsy can't be good, but there might be reservations about what kind of weight he's carrying (muscle v. fat). 'Cause odds are Dotsy won't have the luxary of enrolling early like Stewart, so that would affect the odds of "getting his body right" in time to compete. So maybe the coaches want to take their cracks at guys that won't need to wait a year or so before we can even consider playing time. Just whacking together a theory or two is all, nothing concrete, and anything subject to change if more facts come out.

Plus, Stewart may have been an exception to the recruiting rule. You gotta remember that Stewart was very much a HS athlete, not just a 300+ pound lineman. Played a lot of basketball, and (pretty sure he still can) do the splits...

http://media.scout.com/media/image/28/284064.jpg

Calves, not trying to speak for Diego but figured I'd chime in since I mentioned him above. I wasn't referencing him as a recruit, more speaking of St. Bonnie since Diego mentioned them. I mentioned him mostly in regards to him clearing the lane for Scott, there will be some big holes against HS competition. Currently lists offers from UM, UF, and Arizona per Scout so he is getting looks from the big boys.

Calves, not trying to speak for Diego but figured I'd chime in since I mentioned him above. I wasn't referencing him as a recruit, more speaking of St. Bonnie since Diego mentioned them. I mentioned him mostly in regards to him clearing the lane for Scott, there will be some big holes against HS competition. Currently lists offers from UM, UF, and Arizona per Scout so he is getting looks from the big boys.

I know. Maybe I should have hit "enter" a couple more times, to space out the first sentence with the rest of my rant.

I just got caught up in the recruiting perspective, as I pretty much always do. Plus I secretly just wanted to post the picture of Stewart doing the splits. 300+ pounder doing that :shock: !

Calves I love those pictues, hilarious.

Couple things: Scotty is thinking the way I was thinking = Dotsy is a massive human being and he may not be ND material but in high school he dominates and will make the combination of him and Darrell Scott very imposing all season.

As for ND concerned I totally agree with you the kid is a total project as far as I am concerned. I just watched one of his highlight videos again and he doesnt look to have the quicks to step in and play. If the coaches want a project he could be a dominant player in a couple years.

I am hoping to attend a couple. It's down the 101 from my alma mater. Only 59 miles away from my home. Work permitting.

Nice dedication.... 59 miles could be like three hours, traffick permitting.

Not too bad. Actually, I believe Notre Dame (of Sherman Oaks) is coming to Valencia? Geographically they are all close...but with the freeways on a Friday late afternoon...#^%$@!!!