• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shark83

IMO, these are our three best canidates:

1. Brandon Newman

2. Robert Blanton

3. Dan McCarthy

But with our last 3 commits being unexpected ones, who knows who could be next.

IMO, these are our three best canidates:

1. Brandon Newman

2. Robert Blanton

3. Dan McCarthy

But with our last 3 commits being unexpected ones, who knows who could be next.

i agree with shark...those 3 would be the likely candidates. Jamoris Slaughter would be another guy that I would like to see commit.

Guest Shamrock83

I'm really hoping for a high profile WR... but I doubt that's going to be the case... for a whiiiiiiile

Guest shark83
I'm really hoping for a high profile WR... but I doubt that's going to be the case... for a whiiiiiiile
Brice Butler proably won't announce for another few months and Floyd will announce at the AA Game.

I'm with Shark on his list.

I think Newman takes enough time to check out his final options. It doesn't smell like him fishing for other offers here.

The other wild card in my eyes, was already mentioned. Slaughter could pull the trigger and surprise like Clelland.

The other positions look to be slow developing or simply more difficult to read. I think we see a pretty slow next couple of months, with perhaps the exception of Newman.

with 12 on board already there is going to come a point when there is a lull on commits. I'm willing to wait on that.

couldn't agree more. You think Charlie's gonna tell some people at some positions that he can't except their commitment until he see's on some other guys now? Obviously the offers to TE's are probably no longer good but I'm wondering about being selective with the last LB's and LB/DE offers, maybe O linemen.....any thoughts?

Guest seniorle

I think that if Beal and Sweat both wanted to commit to ND tomorrow, CW would take them and perhaps close recruiting on LBs. That's just my opinion but who knows, he could tell them no and their offers are now contingent on what other recruits do (like Filer).

Thats not completely true; their database is about 3 months behind the rest of the recruiting world.

Getting to what Chris mentioned, I don't think we get selective with OL, given the # of targets we've missed on - 7 offers picked other schools. I think we take the 1st one among Forst, Page, and Patchan, and probably end it at that. If it were a bigger class, I think we make room for Patchan no matter what, but the #'s are starting to look a little tight, with needs still to be filled at DB, NT, and to a lesser extent WR.

I do think we get selective at LB and DE though. Thats why we aren't hearing the same kind of pressure going a Karpon Lewis-Moore's way as we do Brandon Newman. They're letting this thing play itself out in those instances.