WR - Jonathan Baldwin

irishziggy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's something along the lines of he will either play football at Michigan or go play basketball somewhere.

To me, it's REALLY strange because his only offer looks like Marquette at this point for BBall and he has all the offers for football.

Over time things may change but ND is maybe in his top 5. No real chance here

Guest NDLawJAG

I think he is really intrigued with the recent offer from SC. He has never been to Cali and he may enjoy his visit enough to put them over the top.

Guest shark83
He's something along the lines of he will either play football at Michigan or go play basketball somewhere.

To me, it's REALLY strange because his only offer looks like Marquette at this point for BBall and he has all the offers for football/

Yea, he's the cousin of Ty Law, so he probably knows a lot about them. However, his high school is a pipeline school to Pitt and after just having a former Quip go in the first round (Darrelle Revis), I'm sure they'll try to use that as part of what they sell him on.

And about the basketball part, I agree with you 100% man. I saw him play once on tv and he is nowhere near as good in hoops as he is on the gridiron.

Guest JerseyDomer
6-6 215 and he benches 320? Has a 3.3 gpa? Sounds too good to be true.

and has a 43 inch vertical plus runs a 10.8 100m

Guest JerseyDomer
sounds like a supreme athlete.

ain't that the truth... read an article where he was sayin he's runnin track again to stay in shape for football

Guest mbradle3

6'6" and a 43 inch vertical...

We need to get Mike Brey working on this guy. I'd love to see a two sport guy.

I'm racking my brain trying to think of some b-ball, football guys at ND....first name came to mind was Elmer Bennett, I thought he was a backup TB in early 90's but can't verify.

I'm racking my brain trying to think of some b-ball, football guys at ND....first name came to mind was Elmer Bennett, I thought he was a backup TB in early 90's but can't verify.

John Carlson his freshman year did both.

those are difficult sports to play both due to their schedules. It's usually basketball that suffers. It has been done in the past and it will get done again but it is very difficult and usually one of the sports wins out as his sole choice. Hardy, the very talented WR at Indiana was playing both but than gave up basketball to concentrate on football, before an injury.

carlson was on our bball team but didn't really see time. If I'm not mistaken it was at a time when we were real low on bodies and his value was in practice to make 10 i think. Now he's a likely All-American TE, not bad for a kid who almost went to St. Cloud St or something crazy like that.

mcnabb tried to do it at syracuse for a while too i think.

Now he's a likely All-American TE, not bad for a kid who almost went to St. Cloud St or something crazy like that.

yeah if i remember right it was either go to St. Cloud St. to play bball or go to ND to play football. i'd say he made a good decision.

Now he's a likely All-American TE, not bad for a kid who almost went to St. Cloud St or something crazy like that.

yeah if i remember right it was either go to St. Cloud St. to play bball or go to ND to play football. i'd say he made a good decision.

yup, and it had a lot to do with his girlfriend i think too. never make a decision that big based on a high school sweetheart

Scotty - I got to know Elmer Bennett and Daimon Sweet pretty well when I was there. Elmer definitely didn't plan football, but he did dunk on me in a pick-up game :lol: He is 6'1" and I am 6'4". Pretty embarassing.

Most of the guys when I was there were great hoopers, but to Rock's point it was too difficult to play these two sports. Different for football and baseball. Tony Rice was one of the best hoopers I've seen who were primarily football players. At ND, though, they get a chance to dominate in the Bookstore tournament FWIW.