Reports say that Quinn lighting up rookie camp

Ray Herring

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Ray!!!!!

Go getem Brady!

I am so happy that BQ went to the browns, he will start and that is where he wanted to go. He lost a few mill. but he will make a crap load in endorsements !!!

Yes, nice update Ray. Brady as you mentioned td...will make up for the slight. He reminds me kind of like Joe Montana. Both are marketable. Both have names that are going to be associated with football for years to come. And both are Irish. I am just sorry that a family member (Theisman) had to go national and make a BS statement about Brady's appearence and gum chewing. Regardless of how may have seemed...he's family!

Agreed. I thought Brady chewing gum wasn't quite a professional thing to do when I was watching it, but was there really any important reason to spout off about gum chewing? Not even Mel Kiper, draft guru extrordinare, has much reason to mention it :roll: . There are better things to talk about.

Hearing Brady's response to Theisman's comments impressed me. Handled it with a lot of class, and yet didn't sound like a forced robot while at it. There's a reason he's going to get as many endorsement dollars as he will.

And its kind of early to say "lighting it up" in mini camp. I'm pretty sure it's just a rookie camp, so we'll see how he does when its the rest of the roster, and when he's trying to digest the deeper parts of the playbook. Just saying its early is all.

Agreed. I thought Brady chewing gum wasn't quite a professional thing to do when I was watching it, but was there really any important reason to spout off about gum chewing? Not even Mel Kiper, draft guru extrordinare, has much reason to mention it :roll: . There are better things to talk about.

Hearing Brady's response to Theisman's comments impressed me. Handled it with a lot of class, and yet didn't sound like a forced robot while at it. There's a reason he's going to get as many endorsement dollars as he will.

And its kind of early to say "lighting it up" in mini camp. I'm pretty sure it's just a rookie camp, so we'll see how he does when its the rest of the roster, and when he's trying to digest the deeper parts of the playbook. Just saying its early is all.

Yeah, its only a rookie camp, which means he is beating far inferior college competition.

He is by far the most prepared QB to come out in years.

He is by far the most prepared QB to come out in years.

I think there is one guy that can hold a candle to him as far as NFL preparedness: Matt Lienart.

IMO, Quinn is still better prepared (Weis came from the NFL; Norm Chow went to it, plus Quinn started all 4 years), but you gotta admit, when a rookie QB is given the privilege to audible, it means he's pretty NFL ready.

But beyond those two, I couldn't agree more. Russell only blossomed this season, Cutler and Young needed to adapt to new offenses, Alex Smith came from a fun 'n gun offense, etc. If you honestly look back, the guys who at the time looked about as NFL ready as Quinn and Lienart were Ryan Leaf :shock: and Peyton Manning :mrgreen: . So it has been a while since we saw such "finished products"

Guest bfabes05

yeah I heard Theisman's comments on the radio and was not happy with them either, he was saying it was a job interview and some other bs that he didnt look prepared for a job interview, but of course brady handled his criticism with class as always

The draft is not a job interview. The combines, pro days and team one on one's are the interview. I guarantee you that gum chewing and bed head don't even play the slightest role in whom a team selects on draft day. If that stuff counted, Randy Moss would be the tallest hamburger flipper at your local McDonald's. I'll never forget him wearing those sunglasses at the Heisman show several years back. I couldn't stand him ever since then. I almost kicked my TV. Anger management classes began shortly after. :D

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1178354804234600.xml&coll=2&thispage=2

From the sound of that article it doesn't seem like he's tearing it up too much

Sounds like a hater. I read two other articles describing his first two balls as ducks before he settled down and got into semi-rhythm. He had praise from many onlookers for his ability to control the huddle and call plays.

We just have to accept that there are a lot of Buckeye homers in Ohio who will continue to bad-mouth Quinn no matter what he does.

Guest heismancaliber
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1178354804234600.xml&coll=2&thispage=2

From the sound of that article it doesn't seem like he's tearing it up too much

Sounds like a hater. I read two other articles describing his first two balls as ducks before he settled down and got into semi-rhythm. He had praise from many onlookers for his ability to control the huddle and call plays.

We just have to accept that there are a lot of Buckeye homers in Ohio who will continue to bad-mouth Quinn no matter what he does.

except John Clayton just said the same thing on SportsCenter right now

John Clayton told everyone that in three years, Eli Manning was going to be a pro-bowl quarterback.

*As crickets chirp*

He's good at running down stories, but if he was saying that as his objective analysis, I don't put too much stock in it.

Guest heismancaliber
John Clayton told everyone that in three years, Eli Manning was going to be a pro-bowl quarterback.

*As crickets chirp*

He's good at running down stories, but if he was saying that as his objective analysis, I don't put too much stock in it.

You don't see the difference in making predictions and making observations?

And if numerous NFL reporters/sites say Quinn didnt' look good then he didn't look good, we don't have to bury our heads in the sand

*As crickets chirp*

And if numerous NFL reporters/sites say Quinn didnt' look good then he didn't look good, we don't have to bury our heads in the sand

No... I was just looking at Clayton. If its a head coach that says he's struggling, thats one thing. But a John Clayton only takes one snapshot, does his story, and looks at the next story he's got to chase down.

*As crickets chirp*

Quinn and his QB coach said the "wounded ducks" were them experimenting with his throws into the wind. He would change angles and see what the result of that would make on the thrown ball.

Or you could believe John Clayton, who watched a practice from the other side of media fence.