Jump to content

KABONGO WOWED BY ND


Guest SirJohn

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JerseyDomer

Last i read was that we were waiting to visit him during the May evaluation period and basically get a face to face with him before an offer would be extended.

 

Plus we could also be waiting to see how we are with are current offered D-Lineman

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest JerseyDomer
id like to see this guy get an offer to get another guy on board. im sure he'd commit and he seems physically gifted. a year or two in our system working on techniques, he could be a powerhouse on our d-line.

 

NSD still far away... prolly better off waiting to see how we stand with our 1st 4 targets unless the staff feels Kabongo is a better fit... too early to give an offer just to get him on board, unless they feel he's worthy now

 

CW I'm sure will explain if he falls under that and I'd hope the kid understands.. If he's truly WOW'd by us, I'd doubt he'd have a problem in waiting...

 

There's gotta be a legit reason he has no offer at this time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just hope that this isn't another example of us waiting for the top prize. This guy is a top 100 prospect (at least according to both Scout and Rivals). While I don't necessarily put a lot of stock in their rankings, it is clear to me that this guy has a ton of talent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that we should give this guys an offer, if he commits on the spot, great for him and ND. Also, maybe an offer/commit will light a little fire under guys like Newman and make them want to get on board while there's still room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My first post here but belong to other ND recruitings sites under this name. Have been reading this board for a while and signed up like 2 monthes ago and just got my confirmation e-mail a couple of days ago if you can beleive that haha. Anyway i've seen this kids film and he looks promising and a good project. I agree with the fact that if he commited right away the pressure would turn to Newman hard and it might make him commit and it might scare him even more. I've heard from one defensive line recruit that Charlie & Co. want to take about 5 D-Lineman in this class....that is all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome to Domer Domain IrishKnight1023...nice first post! 8)

 

ND Fanatic

I think that we should give this guys an offer, if he commits on the spot, great for him and ND. Also, maybe an offer/commit will light a little fire under guys like Newman and make them want to get on board while there's still room.

 

With you on this. Nothing wrong with a positive push in a direction already headed...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My first post here but belong to other ND recruitings sites under this name. Have been reading this board for a while and signed up like 2 monthes ago and just got my confirmation e-mail a couple of days ago if you can beleive that haha. Anyway i've seen this kids film and he looks promising and a good project. I agree with the fact that if he commited right away the pressure would turn to Newman hard and it might make him commit and it might scare him even more. I've heard from one defensive line recruit that Charlie & Co. want to take about 5 D-Lineman in this class....that is all.
Welcome to DD, IrishKnight :D
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My first post here but belong to other ND recruitings sites under this name. Have been reading this board for a while and signed up like 2 monthes ago and just got my confirmation e-mail a couple of days ago if you can beleive that haha. Anyway i've seen this kids film and he looks promising and a good project. I agree with the fact that if he commited right away the pressure would turn to Newman hard and it might make him commit and it might scare him even more. I've heard from one defensive line recruit that Charlie & Co. want to take about 5 D-Lineman in this class....that is all.

 

Welcome to the board Irishknight, if another commit does scare Newman to another team, then I'd rather know in May than in Feb. Its not that I want to lose Newman, I like the kid alot, but I don't think we can/should withhold offers waiting either. If Kabongo is good enough for an offer, and it appears he is, then he should get one (assuming he qualifies academically) and let the cards fall where they may.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...