Undrafted ND Players

irishziggy

Rhema McKnight - He'd have to take a look at the Cleveland Browns organization. They're not stacked with big names at WR and he'd get a chance to stay with Brady.

Darius Walker - again, Cleveland doesnt really have much depth at RB.

Id like to see these guys join Brady in the Browns' organization.

Sometimes players try to stay near their hometown, not sure what they'll do. I wouldnt mind have Rhema try out for my Eagles. I think we did enough at RB in the draft, so we wouldnt need Darius, but Rhema could compete for a spot b/c the Eagles didnt draft any WRs.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bryan

More notably undrafted players:

QB Matt Moore, Oregon St.

QB Tyler Palko, Pittsburgh

QB Jared Zabransky, Boise St.

RB Darius Walker, Notre Dame

WR David Ball, New Hampshire

WR Rhema McKnight, Notre Dame

WR Brandon Myles, West Virginia

TE Joe Newtown, Oregon St.

TE Anthony Pudewell, Nevada

OT Chase Johnson, Wyoming

OT Julius Wilson, U.A.B.

OT Gabe Hall, Texas Tech

OG Tim Duckworth, Auburn

OC Mark Fenton, Colorado

OC Dan Mozes, West Virginia

DE Mkristo Bruce, Washington St.

DE Victor DeGrate, Oklahoma St.

DE Justin Hickman, U.C.L.A.

DT Jeremy Clark, Alabama

DT Walter Thomas, NW Mississippi CC

OLB Earl Everett, Florida

OLB Rory Johnson, Ole Miss

OLB Sam Olajubutu, Arkansas

OLB Juwan Simpson, Alabama

ILB Jon Abbate, Wake Forest

ILB Nate Harris, Louisville

CB Anthony Arline, Baylor

CB Travarous Bain, Hampton

CB Marcquice Cole, Northwestern

CB DeAndre Jackson, Iowa St.

CB Kenny Scott, Georgia Tech

CB John Talley, Duke

FS Melvin Bullitt, Texas A&M

FS Jessie Daniels, L.S.U.

Guest heismancaliber
I guess today ended the talk that Quinn was surrounded by "tons of talent". Some of our best players werent even drafted.

It also ended the talk of "Weis's NFL contacts"

I guess today ended the talk that Quinn was surrounded by "tons of talent". Some of our best players werent even drafted.

I guess you could say that. But what if Weis didn't place his stamp on those players for one reason or another?

Something to consider when you remember that Weis is a complete straight-shooter.

Guest gallup21
I didn't think Walker would go undrafted, but I got flamed here pretty hard when I mentioned he was going to go probably in the 6th round.

sometimes things that dont seem right turn out right. thats why people should respect eachothers opinions. turned out like a pretty good guess! (just not the guess people hoped for) :D

Guest irishfox

Hate to say it but, DW should have stayed and I think we all knew that but had he stayed would wouldnt have picked up Hughes so it's a WL any way you look at it.

McKnight will catch on with someone in no time. The Packers could use him even though they drafted a few no namers.

Guest heismancaliber

I guess you could say that. But what if Weis didn't place his stamp on those players for one reason or another?

Something to consider when you remember that Weis is a complete straight-shooter.

Yes he is but having his players drafted, whether its the 1st round or 7th round, is an important selling point to recruits. If the leading rusher of ND the last 3 seasons can't even get drafted it doesnt look good to potential RB recruits. Luckily for us, at the positions which would potentially get effected by the draft skids (QB & RB) we are already pretty stocked. At WR I think the selling point lately to recruits has been playing time moreso than draft preparation so we should be fine there

Hate to say it but, DW should have stayed

In hindsight because he didn't get drafted, yeah maybe he shouldn't have gone. But like you said they don't get Hughes if Walker returns.

Walker made the decision that was best for him and I applaud him for that. Why come back for another year? He wasn't going to get any faster and could he have really raised his draft stock that much? DW didn't need the money, has said he will complete his degree, so why not roll the dice and hope that a pro team falls for you?

Rhema and Darius not getting drafted is bad for Notre Dame no matter which way you cut it.. but anybody saying Darius was going to get drafted anywhere higher than the 5th round was kidding themselves.. and i thought 5th round was a reach, i was thinking he'd get drafted in the 6th maybe...

I think I remember that Weis said in an interview that DW didn't talk to CW before he announced for the draft--does anyone else remember that?

In terms of recruits, I think we get a pass on a lot of recruits because they all think they're better than the other guy. So DW didn't get drafted, the invincibility of youth will think they can do better. It's more important that our offense continues to produce on Sat's, the rest will take care of itself.

As far as CW's contacts, DW and RM not getting drafted doesn't mean his contacts aren't useful. What chance would any of them had without CW? CW got a lot of teams to take a look at his players, but he can't force them to take a kid. Let's face it, DW is solid in a lot of areas, but doesn't standout in any category (IMO). And RM had some drops and was inconsistent--can't blame teams for passing.

The more I think about, the more surprised I am they didn't get drafted

Rhema will be a good 3/4, more than likely #4. Darius is obviously an excellent 3rd down back. Instead some of these guys goigng ahead of them in rounds 6/7 are camp fodder and very unlikely to catch on. Oh well, we'll see come September if we were wrong

The more I think about, the more surprised I am they didn't get drafted

Rhema will be a good 3/4, more than likely #4. Darius is obviously an excellent 3rd down back. Instead some of these guys goigng ahead of them in rounds 6/7 are camp fodder and very unlikely to catch on. Oh well, we'll see come September if we were wrong

Yeah, I saw some guy from Elon got drafted and I said, "Elon. Are you kidding me?!?"

Darius should be a Bronco and work under their offense. He'd be a decent back there.

Rhema has to prove alot. During the pre-season coverage on und.com videos of practice, I saw Rhema drop ALOT of passes....IN PRACTICE!

I was concerned, but never showed it. I figured he was coming off the injury year and would get it put together. He continued to drop alot of balls in games as well. He's GOT to work on his hands to succeed in the NFL.