wes kemp

jfschellcrna

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gallup21

illinois is not his leader, Minnessotta and Wisconsin are. If ND offered theyd be in the running too...his family wants him to go to Mizzou but he doesnt like it there very much

well lets offer the kid. He seems like a player and it will put more pressure on the top notch guys to commit or risk losing their spot. Honestly, the choice of playing as a WR at Notre Dame vs. Minnesota just doesn't make much sense to be, but whatever.

I see no reason to offer him yet. He's got tight end size with tight end speed and he's very low on my wish list. I doubt people like Floyd would be worried about losing their spot to Kemp. the only person that would worry about that happening is me.

haha good call chris. Honestly I haven't read or seen much on Kemp, I've just heard his name on the radar since Munir and Paddy came aboard. But some people seem to like him and some not so much.

As for Floyd I'm not overly worried, I think he ends up Irish.

However I think we're all having pipe dreams if we think that the prototypical WR is out there w/ size, speed, hands, route running, etc. Its gonna be alot of small quick guys that CW seems to like and the taller guys that may not be speed demons.

i agree...i knew nick knew.

thanks for the info nick.

LOL alright, and no offense to Nick, he's the man, keep up the good work, but I'm just going off of what I read in recent articles. "Kemp has eight scholarship offers but says that Wisconsin and Illinois are his top two. The Badgers and Illini have a slight lead over Missouri, Ole Miss, Kansas State, Iowa."

That's from an article on scout from a few weeks back.

The following scout article from a week ago has him stating Illinois is gaining ground on Wisconsin who has a slight lead.

The most recent article about him he doesn't state a leader. So my mistake, Wisconsin has a slight lead over guess who, UofI. Minnesota is never mentioned as a leader, but he does say they will get a visit.

Guest gallup21

guys, ill double check with Wes but when i talked to him last he told me Minn. and Wisc. were top 2 and ND would be in the mix if they offered. He never said a word about Illini, but ill ask him again. And Paisan, no worries, ive been wrong before and could be about this so no offense is taken..im just going off what i last heard but ill check

I totally agree if ND offered we will be in the mix, my biggest concern is the offer may possibly come too late.

I trust your word Nick, especially since you talk directly to these guys. I was just reiterating what I had read in free scout articles.

So are you saying ND is Wes Kemp's dream school and he would commit on a dime if offered? like Golden Tate?

You can't offer late on a lot of kids, need to get in on them early. Earlier your in on a kid, the better. Now does that mean you can't offer late and still get a kid, no, but it certainly helps to offer him early. Longer you wait, harder it is, the staff this year has demonstrated that they want to get to kids early.

“At first I wanted to cut it down in June, but it’s becoming harder and harder,†Kemp said. “Right now, I’m day to day. One day I’m thinking I’m going to commit early to this school or that school, and then the next day I’m thinking I need to take all my visits.â€

Sounds to me like a kid that could pull the trigger any time, we can't wait forever to offer.