Deion Walker

Guest seniorle

Guest seniorle

Has anyone heard about this kid? He visited for the Blue&Gold game this weekend is VERY highly rated.

He is ranked #16 on Espn and #37 on Scout. It sounds like he is an elite WR and my preference for our 2 WR spots are him and Floyd. I hope CW visits him these next couple of weeks and gives him an offer (assuming he qualifies of course)! Goodman, Floyd, and Walker (or Butler) would be awesome.

Any info on this kid would be greatly appreciated :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that ND takes alot of WR's in this class especially when it looked like ND was going to bring in 4 last year and ended up with only 2. Goodman looks like he could be a real steal but he seems like one for the future.

This is a loaded class at WR and ND shouldn't miss out if they can get the top talent that fits there system.

seniorle, have you checked out his free vids on Rivals? IMO most ofthe big WR's that ND's has picked up in the last few season are much more in the mold of Mo whereas Walker is much more of Samardzija type WR, fast, more athletic and great body control than the other big WR's.

Guest JerseyDomer

I haven't seen that he's offered but he's obviously interested...

I think an offer would obviously depend on how we do with our WR targets now... or if the staff feels he deserves one-I'd be surprised if he didn't get one

Floyd, Butler, Tate, A.J. Alexander, J. Baldwin, and Odoms I believe are the only offered WR's on the board.

I read an article on Supo Sanni where he said we'd offer/take 4 WR's this yr.

I think an offer would obviously depend on how we do with our WR targets now... or if the staff feels he deserves one-I'd be surprised if he didn't get one

Floyd, Butler, Tate, A.J. Alexander, J. Baldwin, and Odoms I believe are the only offered WR's on the board.

4 WR's this year makes sense. IMO from what film I've seen of him is that he's elite and just hasn't got his proper due yet.

As for A.J. Alexander thats not going to happen if reports are right that ND is recruiting him as a WR because he see's himself as a RB in the same mold as Reggie Bush and nost schools are recruiting him accordingly so count him out as a WR at the very least.

Guest NDLawJAG

4 WR's this year makes sense. IMO from what film I've seen of him is that he's elite and just hasn't got his proper due yet.

4 WR might be a little stretch because of the limited scholarships.. If we add the 10 we have with:

OL- 2

RB- 1

DL- 2

LB- 2

CB- 1

SA- 1

WR- 2

We are at 21... We only have 20-22 scholarships to offer.

As for scholarships I think there will be more by the end of the year. Under Weis info is a little harder to come by but the inside info that I get from an alumni say that this will be a big class and that not to buy into the talk of only taking 1 RB or 3 WR's and that its not coming from Weis but from specualtion from fans or reporters. He told me sure they are going to take atleast 1 RB and that migh very well be it but if they can get there top targets they are going to take them.

Guest JerseyDomer
As for A.J. Alexander thats not going to happen if reports are right that ND is recruiting him as a WR because he see's himself as a RB in the same mold as Reggie Bush and nost schools are recruiting him accordingly so count him out as a WR at the very least.

I don't think he'll come anyways, but from what I've seen we're recruiting him as a WR.

I say he goes to FSU

Guest JerseyDomer

4 WR might be a little stretch because of the limited scholarships.. If we add the 10 we have with:

OL- 2

RB- 1

DL- 2

LB- 2

CB- 1

SA- 1

WR- 2

with us gettin short changed at WR last season, I wouldn't mid 4 wideouts....

Plus it'll depend on what 4 too....

Guest NDLawJAG

The problem is that unless underclassmen transfer there just are not scholarships available... 7 players have a fifth year option. If ND did not grant any fifth years then we could give out 25 scholarships.

If I took a rough consensus of what fans are thinking the Irish need to get after the 10 we've already got, it would probably look and sound like this:

2 CB ("we could lose as many as three with graduations")

1 S ("replaces Zibby")

1-2 LB ("1 for sure, two if an elite 5-star decides to come on board")

3 DL ("if J. Brown joins Stevenson and Laws, we have at most 8 lineman for 3 positions - and that includes Cywnar")

2 OL (gotta make up for Tyrone's misses)

1-2 RB (recruiting success breeds recruiting success)

2-3 WR (the spring game proves we need some big time studs there)

That's 12-15 more commits, on top of the 10 we have already. As NDLaw said, there are 5th years that we need to consider. It is now down to 6 with a fifth year option (Bragg left the team), but the point remains. We can only safely count on 19 scholarships being available.

While it would be nice to get that extra WR, and it would be nice to get that extra RB, we can't pencil in a recruiting class that has more commits than scholarships available. And we can't ignore numerical needs in favor of these luxury positions.

We could lose 3 corners this year. We still need to have a "green" squad at the spring game because we lack enough Olineman to split that position in two. And we've had to flip Mullen, Stewart, Nuss and perhaps Nwankwo to Dline after being recruited for offense because of the misses there. If there aren't transfers, and if the scholarships available remain low, look for needs like these to be addressed before wants.

Guest NDLawJAG
If I took a rough consensus of what fans are thinking the Irish need to get after the 10 we've already got, it would probably look and sound like this:

2 CB ("we could lose as many as three with graduations")

1 S ("replaces Zibby")

1-2 LB ("1 for sure, two if an elite 5-star decides to come on board")

3 DL ("if J. Brown joins Stevenson and Laws, we have at most 8 lineman for 3 positions - and that includes Cywnar")

2 OL (gotta make up for Tyrone's misses)

1-2 RB (recruiting success breeds recruiting success)

2-3 WR (the spring game proves we need some big time studs there)

That's 12-15 more commits, on top of the 10 we have already. As NDLaw said, there are 5th years that we need to consider. It is now down to 6 with a fifth year option (Bragg left the team), but the point remains. We can only safely count on 19 scholarships being available.

While it would be nice to get that extra WR, and it would be nice to get that extra RB, we can't pencil in a recruiting class that has more commits than scholarships available. And we can't ignore numerical needs in favor of these luxury positions.

We could lose 3 corners this year. We still need to have a "green" squad at the spring game because we lack enough Olineman to split that position in two. And we've had to flip Mullen, Stewart, Nuss and perhaps Nwankwo to Dline after being recruited for offense because of the misses there. If there aren't transfers, and if the scholarships available remain low, look for needs like these to be addressed before wants.

Agreed.

OL- 2

RB- 1

DL- 2

LB- 2

CB- 1

SA- 1

WR- 2

with us gettin short changed at WR last season, I wouldn't mid 4 wideouts....

Plus it'll depend on what 4 too....

exactly. They would take 4 for the sake of doing it, for them to take it's going to have be 3 guys that they really want.

I would personally be surprised is all 6 of the 5th yr option are used. I think that CW has recruited well enough not to have to use them if he feels he can get recruits now with those scholarships. Just my opinion.
I agree and I think thats what will happen.