Brice Butler

Guest JerseyDomer

Guest JerseyDomer

Plans on making his final decision I belive sometime this week.

B&G noted that he would decide once he gets back home after the Blue and Gold game

Gotta like our chances with him deciding afetr the visit

Kid can play

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random curiosity, but when did he announce his planning to commit sometime this week, before or after B&G game, if you know?

The dude has an offer from a ton of big time schools that throw the ball. FSU, USC, Georgia, Florida, ND, Miami... impressive. Doesn't have a blazing 40 time, which I think is the only reason scout has him as a 3 star recruit with that kind of following.

I don't think either recruiting service can offer much insight into his priorities or decision process (scout doesn't have ND listed as a favorite, and rivals has 15 listed as favorites). So any more insight on this kid would be appreciated.

And if Butler does come on board, I think that exponentially increases the odds of bringing in three WR's. Though, it might be Floyd or bust at that point.

Guest weisforprez

B&G noted that he would decide once he gets back home after the Blue and Gold game

Kid can play

Oh Butler is amazing, has unbelievable quickness. I think he's as good as Floyd personally.

Good info Jersey, thanks.

Guest JerseyDomer

Kid can play

Oh Butler is amazing, has unbelievable quickness. I think he's as good as Floyd personally.

Good info Jersey, thanks.

you're welcome prez... just tryin to pass it on

Guest JerseyDomer
Random curiosity, but when did he announce his planning to commit sometime this week, before or after B&G game, if you know?

The dude has an offer from a ton of big time schools that throw the ball. FSU, USC, Georgia, Florida, ND, Miami... impressive. Doesn't have a blazing 40 time, which I think is the only reason scout has him as a 3 star recruit with that kind of following.

I don't think either recruiting service can offer much insight into his priorities or decision process (scout doesn't have ND listed as a favorite, and rivals has 15 listed as favorites). So any more insight on this kid would be appreciated.

And if Butler does come on board, I think that exponentially increases the odds of bringing in three WR's. Though, it might be Floyd or bust at that point.

J. Sapp had noted that Butler was going to announce his decision once he gets back home from his visit.

I can honestly say I don't know if he had decided prior to his trip to the Spring Game when he was gonna announce,

I just took it as he now knows where he wants to go after the trip to South Bend.

Looks to be between us and USC from what I read.

I have a gut feelin he's gonna come aboard

Given the nature of your news, I tend to agree. Caught me off guard a bit, perhaps because a lot of the media attention has lately been devoted to the recent California commits, Fleming, and Newman. But based on what I've recently read, that he wants a depth chart like ND's (not having Samardzija or McKnight there) and a school that'll be in the national spotlight, I think the Irish have an excellent shot.

Funny, how recent recruiting battles have pitted ND against USC. First Crist, then Flemming (who USC offered a month ago or so), now Butler. Hope the tide stays with ND.

First, I believe he was an FSU lean going into the visit. He, like Demetrius Jones, said they want to take more visits but already have their decision made. He wants people on his team to get noticed. This really surprises that he is making the decision right now. I dont know how I feel about our chances and by the way this kid could easily be a 5 star.

Guest weisforprez
I've heard "excellent quickness", but never "athletic freak". His 40 times are in the high 4.5 range, to give you an idea as to some of his athleticism.

When you watch his film, two things jump out right away: his precise route running and his ability to change directions on a dime. He is very quick and deceptively fast.

I think he'll end up in the top 75 or so at Rivals, and eventually Scout will come to their senses and give him a 4th star too, he's too good.

I really don't think he will pick ND. the last article on him in rivals doesn't sound very promising. I don't have a subsciption but it talks about how he was raving about his visit to USC. if he decided he was going to decide before his visit that isn't a very good sign in my book.

Guest weisforprez
I really don't think he will pick ND. the last article on him in rivals doesn't sound very promising. I don't have a subsciption but it talks about how he was raving about his visit to USC. if he decided he was going to decide before his visit that isn't a very good sign in my book.

I wouldn't worry about that, he was just being polite to the USC guy interviewing him. ND should be right there.

Also he said that he was thinking about committing in the summer, so I'm not sure if he has since told B&G that he was ready to commit. But if that is the case, that's obviously very good for us.

All things considered, I have a good feeling about this. But I'm pretty sure somebody will say they had a good feeling about some of the WR's that we missed out on last year, so I could be wrong. It should be noted that there are tid-bits of info that three schools can have optimism over:

FSU - His father played for the Seminoles, and appears to be heavily involved with the decision making process. It was also reported early on that Brice was an FSU lean.

USC- Brice and his Dad had many good things to say about their football program in an SC recruiting site interview. One of the things they noted was an emphasis on media attention the school gets; the more the merrier.

ND - The Irish have media attention through their deal with NBC. The timing of his announcement comes on the heels of seeing the B&G game. Plus, Brice also said (in the same SC interview) that a thin looking depth chart would be attractive as well. Given the uninspired reviews of the receivers this spring, he may have come away with that impression.

My personal belief is this looks good for Notre Dame. But gut feelings have been wrong before, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.