Zook invades Irish's S. Side stronghold

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Filer is a slam dunk for the Irish like once thought, simply because both of the LB's we've brought in thus far are slated to play ILB, where he is being recruited.

With him taking in the OSU spring game, I agree with you.

''I didn't know that,'' Ron Zook said Saturday, wrinkling his nose after Illinois scrimmaged before a hearty crowd of about 2,000 at Pat Cronin Field, the scene of some fierce Catholic League battles. ''Does that mean we're not allowed to come here?''

this guy is a moron and i'm really getting tired of his comments. the chicago media is really starting a regional rivlary that never has and never will exist. Add in the idiotic John L. Smith variable and you've got ND lured into something it shouldn't waste its time with......

Guest irishrick

i agree imroc, this town belongs to the Irish , even more so now that coach brown is around, Zookie runs his mouth to nuch , HOWEVER if he starts winning he could be a major player in chi town. :) , maybe we should schedule a game at solder's field mnnnn what say you ? :)

Zook has created an imaginary rivalry that exists in his and his players heads. If we played, I think Illinois would really get up and play in that game. We would still win, but i'm sayin that if Illinois played us they would play their best game of the season but fall to a superior team.

Zookie better start winning some football games. If he has another 500 season this year he will be under serious pressure the following year. He won't ever win a big ten title...not with PSU, OSU, Wisconsin or OSU in the conference. Anyway, Corwin is going to be a force in Chitown...never you worry.

Guest irishrick

remember guys zokkie knows how to recruit, he couldinvade some from the chi area, and with some luck might win a few games , i just don't think that he is very effective as a head coach , but strange things do happen , i would be interested in keeping one eye on the zook. But his stock will drop as long as coach Brown CAN DELIVER, . ZOOK WILL BE IN THE 4-6 WINS catagory this year and should be close in a couple of shoddas. .... what say you 2007 SCHEDULE

Date Opponent / Event Location Time

09/01/07 vs. Missouri St. Louis, Mo. TBA 09/08/07 vs. WESTERN ILLINOIS MEMORIAL STADIUM TBA :)

09/15/07 at Syracuse Syracuse, N.Y. TBA :(

09/22/07 at Indiana * Bloomington, Ind. TBA

09/29/07 vs. PENN STATE :(

(Foundation Day) * MEMORIAL STADIUM TBA

10/06/07 vs. WISCONSIN :(

(Dad's Day) * MEMORIAL STADIUM TBA

10/13/07 at Iowa * Iowa City, Iowa TBA

10/20/07 vs. MICHIGAN :(

(Varsity 'I' Day) * MEMORIAL STADIUM TBA

10/27/07 vs. BALL STATE

(Homecoming) MEMORIAL STADIUM TBA

11/03/07 at Minnesota * Minneapolis, Minn. TBA :(

11/10/07 at Ohio State * Columbus, Ohio TBA :(

11/17/07 vs. NORTHWESTERN :(

(Senior Day) * MEMORIAL STADIUM TBA

the most wins i see here are 4 , 5 tops. i don't think the alum will be happy what say you ?

I know enough alum and current students to know that football is the neglected sport for most people associated with U of I. If they win, they'd say, "Cool." If they don't, they'd say, "Typical. Oh well," and carry on caring about the sport that really matters down there: basketball. Football is mostly referenced as the butt of a joke out there, so I really doubt that the typical fan of U of I would/will be truly disappointed... that is, unless the media blows them up to be contenders to the point that even a guy living under a rock gets told they should expect big things this year.

If anything, more people will be upset for his team making the headlines for criminal activities than on field performance. They don't appreciate getting killed on the field by Northwestern, but the REALLY don't like hearing, "I-L-L - D-U-I!"