Warren Reuland

So Conrad's little brother has garnered an early 2 star rating for his play at WR...We have offered and we rarely if ever lose out on sibbling committs.

I think he is our next committ...Imagine Goodman, Reuland and Floyd as our WR class...sicker than bird flu

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he gets offered he will commit. Konrad said going into his own recruiting that his little brother was a way bigger fan of ND than himself. We have not offered though but he is a good WR/TE that I could see us offering if we lose out on some our top tier guys. But I do want to say he is not just a fall back recruit...he's got some game

I saw him play once last year and can tell you that if he doesn't get an offer that it isn't because of lack of talent, this is just a deep WR class. I was impressed with how he went up for the ball. He also seemed to position himself well and ran good routes. I sat next to Steve Quinn on a flight in December and told him I was from Cali, he said Konrad was on the plane. I mentioned that I'd seen Warren as well and he agreed that he could follow Konrad to ND. Warren seems lanky, can't really see him filling out and being a TE. Then again he's still young and could fill out. I agree, I'd see him as a guy that'd commit on the spot...similar to Tate from last year.

Guest domerdude

Brett Nagel is being recruited by(offered) alot of the small majors- Stanford, colorado, indiana, purdue, vanderbilt and K State to play Qb and/or OLB. He has scored a 32 ACT and has a 4.25 gpa- so accedemically speaking this sounds like a possible weis guy- but as far as athletically I think we will have to miss on some big names for brett to get an irish offer. IfND were to recruit him it certainly wont be for qb but he does have the size speed and mobility to play an OLB in our 3-4. also just a thought he might be recruited as an ATH to play on special teams and/or at WR. He has proven to be a mobile qb with great size 6-4 with a 4.6 40 at 220lbs or so. Personally I would love to see him wearing blue and gold as a student but if we get him it means we missed on bigger names. Same goes for Warren R.

With regard to Brett Nagel, I read or heard (cant remember which) he initially expressed concern about the thought of going to the same school as his brother. Probably wouldn't want friction between he and his brother should they end up competing for the same position. I also read/heard that he and Weis talked about that and addressed, but that, combined with the # of linebackers that are very talented and high on ND, is probably why he never received an offer.

I also read/heard that he and Weis talked about that and addressed, but that, combined with the # of linebackers that are very talented and high on ND, is probably why he never received an offer.

Good points, I hadn't considered competing against his bro, could be a strange situation. One thing that you should add to "never receiving an offer" is the word "yet". Similar things were said last year about Tate. Seems like people still think his offer was by default, missing out on other targets and not scores. There are very talented LBs on the radar, but it's hard to really guess what Charlie sees dissecting tape (think Neal), it's still early in the process and Brett might get that offer.

Guest JerseyDomer

He will be at the Blue and Gold game.

I read that we are waiting to see how he plays in his season, he had surgery on a hyper-extended knee.

I'd assume that if he is healthy and his knee is fine that we would offer.

His top 2 are us and Stanford, with only Stanford and Duke having extended offers to him.

But I guess maybe depending on how we sit with Floyd and Odoms would factor into Warren's status.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shark83
good for Warren and good for Notre Dame, meaning that he did not get an offer because we are sitting good with other, more highly regarded recruits.
I agree 100%

good for Warren and good for Notre Dame, meaning that he did not get an offer because we are sitting good with other, more highly regarded recruits.
I agree 100%

I hope both you guys are right on this...Congrat to Warren, he should have a pretty solid career out there.