Brandin Newman pulling the trigger?

Guest irish_at_birth

Guest irish_at_birth

There is an article on rivals, about Corwin asking Brandon Newman to do something specific? any way it says something about next week.

Guest DCIrish

Sir John, what can you tell us about this kid? I know you live in Louisville. Although I have not lived there for many years, I keep up with Kentucky high school football pretty well.

I did not hear much about this kid last year. Newman's high school usually fields a decent team every year and has good athletes. They are not, however, one of the elite programs in Louisville. That does not mean much for a single player, but I do put more stock in a kid who plays for a powerhouse and dominates vs. a player who is good on a decent team vs. mediocre competition.

While you cannot teach size, I wondered if anyone knew more about his ability?

Guest SirJohn

CatsPause is impressed with him, but it's subscription. Yes April 11th is when we resume practice after Easter break and he will be there.

I just read that II article and it sure looks like we will have one more commit next week. A large DT. That was a very encouraging article. South Bend sure appears to be a nice, somewhat mid way point between Detroit and Louisville. Although, I prefer the father's drive (Detroit).

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS. LANDING NEWMAN IS HUGE!!!!!!!!

Guest iRiShMaN

Newman will be irish next week and so will McDonald. it is becoming less of an issue to commit at the AAA game. some guys have the ego, but most want to commit early these days and play their senior years.

This will be a very good class for ND and Defense will be the focus.

i say 13 D and 9 O for 22

Guest irish_at_birth

Thanks for the update guys, with Cwyner and Newman to keep blockers at bay, LB's would be mental not to sign up. They'll have the ability to make a ton of plays.

Guest scooper
I GOTTA see a picture of this kid...I don't know what he would look like physically? if he's all muscle, which a 600lb squat might suggest, then at 6-1 he may be the wall we need.
Go to your local bowling alley. Look at the racks. See those bowling balls? About like that. That shape, but also that solid. :lol:

Guest irish_at_birth

I just read on another site, that Corwin called Newman and asked what he was doing to get ready to start the opener next year. CB seems pretty confident.

It'd be great if he verbals but with only 2 offers, many schools circling and the fact it seems that he hasn't really seen what is out there for him, I won't be surprised if he takes some time. Rather that and have him commit and then be concerned he jumped the shark (no pun intended)

Guest SirJohn

I'm taking the situation (Seperation, Divorce??? with out knowing details) As a split family. Mom in Louisville the Dad in Detroit. His still being a minor would take both parents agreeing on a contract, verbal or not. So both coming to ND is encouraging. :D

After watching videos of Newman, I can't help but feel sorry for the centers that he is facing. I'm sure those kids were in cold sweats the thursday nights before games.

With those strength numbers, I could see him coming in and getting playing time right away. Also, he plays in a 5-2, which is very similar to a 3-4 for a nose guard. The 3-4 and 5-2 are read defenses where the NT doesn't have a particular gap, but instead playing the man.

I've maybe posted this info here somewhere before, but...

My alma mata beat the crap out of Newmans teams last (and every) year and I don't recall how he looked. But I wasn't looking either. If we play this year, I will definately pay more attention. The new class system in KY may prevent us from playing this year.

His team is not a powerhouse at all, but they do play many good teams. The last time I heard him speak on the radio, he was still a UK lean, but very positive about ND and CB. I assumed ND could win the battle for Newman because they just got into the fight. Don't understimate UK though, because PRP send many players there and PRP coach is close to them. Former Irish assistant Joker Phillips is offensive coord. and most likely future head coach. However, I got the impression from the coach, who was interviewed, that he was impressed with ND as well, and not a hater. Brandon was pretty clear when he said he wanted to take his visits. I think he is enjoying the attention, but not in an arrogant way. He's very personable, respectful etc. However, what he said goes against what I am reading here and other places, about committing early. So either he changed his tune, or folks are mistaken.

I think ND has a fantastic shot because the last time I heard BN speak, they were new to the scene, and CB has had time to work his magic. UK has been on BN since he was a sophomore.

As a UK fan also, I win either way, but I sure want him ND first!

Lil' Tuna says CB is the Big Kahuna of defense. CB will run D 100%! That says a lot about Tuna. My concern is that if CB is so good at recruiting then we potentially have a Mark Richt situation when he left FSU. Ps Stewart starts on D-line for opener!