OT Kyle Long?

reneg

OT-Kyle Long: "Coach (Charlie) Weis is very professional. I like his style and being who I am and who my dad (Howie Long) is, they play the game they way it's supposed to be played. My dad likes them a lot."

I read that on another forum in a post about recent offers. I was curious as to how good he is, national recruit? I know his dad was an amazing player in the NFL.

Guest grover

Long is a monster. He will be one of the top OL in this class. He is still growing into his body (He looks lean at 280+). I would love to see him come to ND.

Guest heismancaliber

Mike Frank on the Power Hour basically said there was little chance with Kyle so we'll see what happens, usually Mike gives us a chance for 98% of the prospects out there so it was surprising hearing him say that

Guest JerseyDomer

CW and staff will reel in Long.

Howie had his other son coached by an ex-NFL coach in Groh at UV.

I expect the same to happen here

That's the only school to worry about i think. I didn't know about the whole MLB thing. Thats great for a kid financially but ur life is so weird and different than other kids who get to experience college. Plus he's already very wealthy. Guess it depends on what sport he likes more.

Guest JerseyDomer

That's the only school to worry about i think. I didn't know about the whole MLB thing. Thats great for a kid financially but ur life is so weird and different than other kids who get to experience college. Plus he's already very wealthy. Guess it depends on what sport he likes more.

he's like 6 foot 6 or 7 and throws in the mid 90's. left handed on top of that.

DAMN!

Just being picky here, but he isn't wealthy, his parents are (just fyi, his mom is a big time laywer). It will be a long time until he sees the majority of that cash.

Just being picky here, but he isn't wealthy, his parents are (just fyi, his mom is a big time laywer). It will be a long time until he sees the majority of that cash.

well the same can be said about Joakim Noah but he's in no hurry to go pro, his family doesn't need the loot

well the same can be said about Joakim Noah but he's in no hurry to go pro, his family doesn't need the loot

Very true. If he gets drafted, he will have to make a Shark decision. One or the other. There is no way, imo, that an OL can successfully be a pitcher. To different body types, and the beating that OL take. And if he gets drafted, I would expect whichever team picks him to throw a lot of money at him. He is big, left handed, and throws really hard, MLB teams love all of those wrapped up into one package. I swear that I read somewhere that his brother was giving him advice to go with baseball.