Recruting week in review

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shark83

Getting him to take an official and see the campus is all we can ask for right now, IMO. Good to see we'll definitely be one of his 5 officials.

I'm not going to hold my breath over this kid, however I like how he mentioned that Parmelee told him he could basically start from day 1, he has to like the sound of that.

It was probably the way the article was written but did anyone else get the feeling that Forston was more interested in the Irish than Fleming? I know there has been a lot of talk about the ND have a great shot with Fleming but I didn't get that feel from this article or from his interview on Irish Eyes Power Hour.

What say you of greater knowledge and insight than I?

Guest ctsubalum

Why don't we have a shot with this Fortson kid? Are we assuming that UM is a lock? Seems to me the kid isn't opposed to going away to school and is academically inclined. Miami is a decent school too, but it appears that ND would have a solid shot here.

Why don't we have a shot with this Fortson kid? Are we assuming that UM is a lock? Seems to me the kid isn't opposed to going away to school and is academically inclined. Miami is a decent school too, but it appears that ND would have a solid shot here.
CT, nothing would make me happier than to see this kid in blue and gold, but i think these are bait articles that suck people like you and me in. i've seen it too many times. randy shannon is gonna have a huge influence on the local talent. that coupled with the ability to stay home and play in front of your family and friends may be to good to pass up. just being realistic. i do appreciate the optimism out there, but i have a hard time buying it.

Guest iRiShMaN
CT, nothing would make me happier than to see this kid in blue and gold, but i think these are bait articles that suck people like you and me in. i've seen it too many times. randy shannon is gonna have a huge influence on the local talent. that coupled with the ability to stay home and play in front of your family and friends may be to good to pass up. just being realistic. i do appreciate the optimism out there, but i have a hard time buying it.

Not saying he will or he won't leave, but Most of the kids from that area, stay in the area. Cold weather scares them. I know, i am from there and cold weather was not a plus in my choices.

Shannon is a Miami Northwestern alum and he will do everything, EVERYTHING, in his power to keep local talent local. with all that said. if he makes a trip up to ND, the tide sways a couple percent. A win over Michigan on the D side of the ball will bring more and more recruits our way. We don't need to win the game. Just can't lose the game because of the D.

I think we've got a better shot than some UM fans think we do...but that may just be wishful thinking. Also, I think Shannon played at UM with Forston's high school coach. Team, can you confirm his ties to Shannon?

Guest shark83
I think we've got a better shot than some UM fans think we do...but that may just be wishful thinking. Also, I think Shannon played at UM with Forston's high school coach. Team, can you confirm his ties to Shannon?
Yup, Roland Smith and Randy Shannon played at 'Tha U' together.

Guest TeamUlovetohate

Yes, Shannon and Miami Northwestern's head coach, Roland Smith, were teammates at Miami. BTW Irishman, Shannon is not a Northwestern alum. Shannon graduated from Norland Senior High school.

Guest TeamUlovetohate

By the way, Miami Northwestern will be locking horns with Southlake Carroll High (#1 program in all of Texas) later this year. These schools will most likely be the top 2 teams in America next season. You don't want to miss that one.

Guest shark83

Team, it's only a month and a half into the recruiting game and this Johnson kid has already worn out his welcome IMO. He had UGA early as one of his leaders, then he dropped them yesterday once Miami offered. There were rumors of how he commited to the 'Canes and then he denied and said they were his leader. Now today, he comes out and says FSU leads? Shannon certainly has his hands full with this kid. :x

Guest TeamUlovetohate

Johnson is trying to play the game, but he's doing a very poor job of it thus far. He did indeed give a verbal to Miami but stated that he does'nt really consider it a solid commitment since he wants to see other schools. A day later he claims FSU is his #1 choice. Honestly, i think the kid just can't make up his mind. Its going to be a year long battle for his services.