Beat Winthrop Thread!!!

Guest gallup21

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GushBlue&Gold

Anybody know much about Winthrop's style of play? I know they took Carolina and Wisconsin to the wire, and that scares me enough. I'd like to hear they suffer against good 3-point shooting teams and teams with massive tight ends at center. That'd make me much more comfortable.

it'll be a close game. They're a veteran team that should've upset Tennessee last year (good 3 pt shooting team last year), so it'll def be a good game, but big game experience playing in the Big East will help them. I think ND wins a close one by 8 or so, free throws make's margin bigger.

Winthrop is the best 11-seed by far, by FAR.

They took Wisconsin to OT in Madison, and I think their only losses are to Wiscy, UNC and somebody else that's really good.

This was not a good draw.

That being said, I think Notre Dame is a dangerous team, and this is probably the best first-round matchup of the tournament.

#11 Winthrop

Eagles

28-4 (14-0 Big South)

NCAA bid: Big South champions

RPI: 70

Coach: Gregg Marshall (9th season at Winthrop, 7th NCAA tournament)

Best Player: Michael Jenkins. Jenkins became the team leader when Torrell Martin went down with an injury and has continued to be the key for the Eagles. He was the team's leading scorer at 15.3 points per game en route to first-team All-Big South honors.

Notable Wins: at Old Dominion, at Missouri State

Record in last 10 games: 10-0

Last NCAA tournament: 2006, lost to Tennessee 63-61

NCAA tournament seed history: In the last 10 years, No. 6 seeds are 29-11 in the first round.

They are 0-6 in the tourny

yeah we got screwed on our seed, I thought we at least be a 5 maybe a 4, we got a tough matchup on our hands

The Big East kinda got the shaft not getting Syracuse in. I still dont know how Stanford gets in, but no 'Cuse.

Im still mad that Drexel didn't get in, but Drexel and the 'Cuse both should've gotten in.

Guest iRiShMaN

ND is at least 12 points better than winthrop. there claim to fame is 4 good losses.

UNC took them lightly, Wisky can't shoot or score more than 50 points.

it's hard to say what they do against good teams, because their conference sucks.

ND 84

W 67

mark it down and take that to the bank :wink:

Guest irishrick

sorry guys , ive looked this winthrop team over, and they have talent, the fact that they want to beat a name team. i see it as winthrop winning by 8 points. sorry irish, but thats the real skinny . go irish do your best . :)

Guest irishrick

miragesmack, since your from sj country i really hope that you like the cardinals, sj, , thinks there overrated in football, ha ha . i have a feeling that they will keep on trucking with their new coach what say you, by the way welcome to DD . go irish

Guest SirJohn
:lol: Rick it's simply Cardinals, UK, Cardinals, UK, Cardinals, UK Cardinals, UK here :roll: Opps IU IU IU IU PURDE PURDUE and the magic cut off line in Indiana is there for local media