Nick Wood

ndblue

Just repeating what I read on other boards. If true, a poster on another board says Pollian contacted Wood. Wood might be interested. At this point, if Pollian has contacted Wood it maybe more than just saying hello before LOI day. Maybe true, maybe not. I thought I would repeat and see if anyone else has heard anything.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was interesting how Robdog is a coach on Wood's high school team. Basically, Robdog was saying if offered he might accept. CB must be trying to get some bodies, I guess plan B. Not a bad pickup, if he gets hiim. Having a new Def Cooridinator helps you get your foot back in the door. CB can at least say, "The last guy may not have wanted you, but I do!"

Guest shark83
I just hope we can get him for the headlines it will create-

"Charlie gets Wood"

Quite possibly the funniest first post I've ever seen on DD. :lol: :lol:

Welcome Mighty.

robdog wrote:

well I will tell you this. First off I have been in contact with Nick and his dad numerous times this week. Polian has finally go in contact with Nick after playing phone tag for a couple weeks. There was talk of CBrown and Polian watching film and liking Nick, however they said it was really late especially to get a visit since Nick has no more Officals. Nick's dad however told them if there is a offer this week he will fly Nick out to ND for a unofficial this weekend. This does not mean he would pick ND but let me just say IMO I think ND would have a very good shot. The one thing here is Nick and his Family have been very ethical the whole time and are somewhat leery of doing this so late in the game, but Nick who wants to major in Buisness is looking at this as a 40 year decision unlike many and the oppurtunity to play at ND and get a degree there holds alot of power.

I think this would be great for us. It'd be a huge pickup adding a new DT to the fold after everything that's happened lately. If we picked up Wood, B. Smith, and maybe another DE. I'm sure the fans will be a lil' happier, even if we dont land another DE, i'd be happy if we got wood and smith.

The Robdog quote makes me believe this is further along then most people think. If I was Polian, I wouldn't make a call to a recruit just to waste his time. Polian must have known he had an offer in hand when he made the call. Next, for Wood's dad to say he would fly him out to ND for an unofficial two weeks before LOI day, wow!

If we want Wood then I love to see him on a plane, lke Trattou, and come to ND and fall in love with the place. I would give it a shot.

All this last minute chaning of teams, new visits, we can thank the SEC boys. They set the precident.