6'4", 252 lb. Linebaker-4.6 speed

Guest irish_at_birth

Guest irish_at_birth

Would be amazing huh? Well we have him on the roster, his name is Luke Schmidt. I am just stating this because that sounds like one hell of an OLB, does anyone know if this is a possiblity? i hope it is a consideration and he is open to it. Could be a chance to see the field early if/when Hughes becomes the power back.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be amazing huh? Well we have him on the roster, his name is Luke Schmidt. I am just stating this because that sounds like one hell of an OLB, does anyone know if this is a possiblity? i hope it is a consideration and he is open to it. Could be a chance to see the field early if/when Hughes becomes the power back.

Great observation. Those numbers are brutal for a LB, better than A.J. Hawke's. If I'm him, I would entertain the idea just to get some playing time. With Aldridge, Hughes, Prince and Allen all wanting backfield playing time, the LB spot seems far more open.

pushing de size......

Guest irish_at_birth

I was thinking the same thing russ, hopefully he'll entertain the idea and would be able to develope the instincts, anyone know if he played any defense in high school?

Guest irish_at_birth

did he redshirt this past year? If they were going to convert him this would be the year, with a lot of young guys coming in and expectations aren't overwhelming.

Guest chrislw35
With Aldridge, Hughes, Prince and Allen all wanting backfield playing time, the LB spot seems far more open.

i agree. ND seems to be filling up at RB, i also wouldn't be surprised to see prince maybe switch to CB.

I think CW sees Prince playing the slot/3rd WR. They can get him in the open with his speed. Lights out in space. Go Irish!!!

Guest ctsubalum

With Charlie's penchant for only playing 1 back for the majority of snaps, Luke will either be one hell of a running/pass catching fb OR move to DE/LB. I've thought he should move to LB for a while now. I hope it happens and maybe Chris Stewart to DT. When you have all this talent and size on one side of the ball you need to start using it somewhere.

With Charlie's penchant for only playing 1 back for the majority of snaps, Luke will either be one hell of a running/pass catching fb OR move to DE/LB. I've thought he should move to LB for a while now. I hope it happens and maybe Chris Stewart to DT. When you have all this talent and size on one side of the ball you need to start using it somewhere.

i'd agree about perhaps the change with schmidt but we don't even have 2 FB's on the roster right now. And he'd most likely not win a starting job at LB either so might as well groom him at one position.

Hmm I definitely wouldn't mind seeing this experiment. I think he would make for a much more imposing LB than TT did this year....and he could probably apply for a 5th year so he can afford to play around this next season. Also, just because he'd play LB wouldn't mean that he couldn't come in once or twice a possession and pound the ball.

I think it's definitely worth a shot :D

Was it Colasanti or Dailey who would've been Irish if we offered?

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=8&c=1&nid=2374391

After looking at his Scout profile, I'm really mad that we didn't offer him. I realize that we thought we were in a good position with the other big guys, but damn...it's not like Colasanti is a scrub replacement for bigtime talent. Hopefully CW learned from this year, and in the future he'll take a quality commit early instead of placing all your money on a "stud" who is only going to decide at the end of the recruiting process.

With Aldridge, Hughes, Prince and Allen all wanting backfield playing time, the LB spot seems far more open.

i agree. ND seems to be filling up at RB, i also wouldn't be surprised to see prince maybe switch to CB.

So if he changes to defense, he can be the next defensive "Rocket". :D

So if he changes to defense, he can be the next defensive "Rocket". :D

Gallup asked me to post this because his AOL is down:

"Sean, the next big ND nickname is "Gallup". i can see it now, "HES GALLUPING DOWN THE SIDELINES! 30-20-10-5- TOUCHDOWN GALLUP!!! BARRY GALLUP BEATS HIS DAD AND BC!!!" hes gonna put the "Gallup" back in "Dynasty"