Rivals100 Update 1/17/07

charlotteND

No new entries from ND commits. Gray dropped the most, Ragone dropped as well. Romine really jumped up and Allen move up as well.

Player - Before - After

Clausen - 1 - 1

Kamara - 31 - 34

Gray - 52 - 78

Ragone - 66 - 83

Allen - 67 - 52

Romine - 74 - 55

Also, they don't appear to have updated stars or their point rankings of recruits just yet.

Edit: Well they had it up, but now it's back down so these numbers may change again.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

blackwell is out of the top 100 and he didnt even choose ND.

Gilchrist jumped Gray like i thought he might a few months ago and got ripped a new one for suggesting on Irish Envy. Gray seems like a gamer though, a guy that steps up after kickoff.

EDIT: It's a joke that trattou is not on there and i dont know what greg little did to get dropped besides do everything for his HS this year and catch a TD at the AAA game.

Guest shark83

Chris Culliver a 5* at WR when he hasn't even played the spot?

And he also played in the Rivals all-star, along with Rivals100 newcomers, Doug Wiggins (#33), Aron White (#38) Lamark Brown (#71), Chaz Powell (79).

Nebody think favortism was shown to the kids who played in the Rivals all star game? :roll:

Am I the only one that doesn't have any faith in the star rating system? It appears to be nothing but an oppinionated guess instead of an evaluation of talent. How about we nab as many top 150 guys as we can and make stars out of them instead of relying on the "professional guessers" at scout and rivals. I give both of those sites 1 star.

every year their seems to be players that were ranked low that become great ones and vise versa but i think the star raitings ussually hold up to be pretty accurate. i mean look at the guys CW landed in clausen, ragone, kamara, trattou, gray and allen. all of these guys are highly rated and a lot of coaches went hard after these guys, it's no mistake that both charlie weis and the recruiting gurus thought highly of all these guys.

Guest fighton2007

If SC is able to pull either McKnight or Marvin Austin, it may be (on paper, of course) the best recruiting class since the inception of the star rating system.

FYI .. Donovan Warren is a USC silent commit.

I'm surprised Trattou isn't in the top 100 - from what everyone's been saying, he was pretty impressive during Army AA practices.

Guest NDEagles379

Rivals just lost whatever credibility they had left for two reasons:

Inconsistency: Trattou and Gray and Little impress everyone at the AA game, but don't move up. Other all star game players move way up despite not as productive seasons, ie Carlos Dunlap. And AA and Ragone don't move much despite being injured all year.

Their AA game: Whoever played well in the Rivals All Star game got moved up way too high, when their game had much weaker players than the US Army game.

Their AA game: Whoever played well in the Rivals All Star game got moved up way too high, when their game had much weaker players than the US Army game.

yeah rivals AA game was pretty much a watered down versions of scouts AA bowl game. their is a reason scouts bowl game is on national tv while rivals is not.

Guest SirJohn

Domean and guys: Wake up:

agree the star ratings by these paid rags are crap. Honest these washed up bums and armchair guys know no more then we. Wasn't Weis a student in the stands? As he says about these rags "Whadda they know?" I used the word 'crap' so let me be more literate and say an imperfect system by gusser guessers like you and I.

That being said look at it all like Hollywood star ratings. It only tells you who stood out and then it is up to you paying the ticket to acknowledge they are much better then another. Marlon Brando sucked in Sayronara, yet he is a five star. He sucked in many movies, call em games. But somehow he stands out for YOU not the critic or the pay rag.

Do you guys remember the old Payola problems in radio 50's??? Look up Payola wikepidia. Boosters are paying people to pump certain kids with the rag takers. If you haven't discovered that yet eat some crackers and cheese

It's a scam.

USC has put together a lot of sick recruiting classes and this could be the best of any of them, they've landed the #1 recruiting class the last three years. no wonder they're always competing for the NC.

We're saying how bogus these rankings are...don't put too much into the fact that they have the "#1" class. Gray and Kamara could easily be 5*s....and Trattou and Little should AT LEAST be in the top 100. Our guys are getting screwed...the good thing is after this whatever Rivals says or does doesn't mean shit. When Trattou goes on to be an All American DE, or Kamara becomes the next Dwayne Jarret who's going to look stupid?

Donovan Warren being ahead of GG really pisses me off especially with the way GG played in the AAA game and shut down "5*" Tolliver.